Over 90 recipes to empower you to configure, integrate, and manage your very own Lync Server deployment
This book begins with the fundamental security-related tasks you should be aware of when working with Lync, before moving on to walk you through the authentication mechanisms. You will get hands-on experience with the steps required to integrate Lync with Office 365, Exchange, or trusted forests. You more » will explore how to use various tools such as the Bandwidth calculator, Lync resource kit tools, stress and performance tools, and planning tools that will help you to manage complex Lync features such as enterprise voice. This book will take you through designing a Lync solution right from assessing the existing infrastructure and capturing the requirements through to planning for user-training. Finally, the book concludes by showing you how to control and manage your networks and introduces you to various debugging tools such as Wireshark, CLSController, and more. The book aims at empowering you to successfully manage your Lync deployments with ease. « less
Everything you need for understanding and working with Lync 2013 in a fast-paced manner
* Understand and deliver the top required features such as Enterprise Voice, Persistent Chat, and mobility with step-by-step guides
* Deploy a working environment applying load balancing and fault tolerant solutions
* Create a collaborative space around the user’s needs, containing all more » the information and document history using the Persistent Chat Server
Lync 2013 is a product that enables users to IM, and have audio and video conferences, including multi-party video. The mobile client permits the use of all the features in every device with an access-from-everywhere logic. The company’s Active Directory users, SharePoint documents, and Exchange objects integrate with Lync to deliver most of the advanced features.
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 will give you all the relevant information you need to enable voice features, select the best Lync client in different scenarios, make your Lync services available to the external users, empower the collaborative environment of Persistent Chat Server rooms, and to build an affordable unified communication system.
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 will explore all the concepts you need to administer and plan a Lync 2013 environment in a short time, explaining the background mechanisms of the system.It begins with the deployment of a Lync frontend and SQL mirroring solution, including all the requirements and tips clearly laid out. It proceeds with the Front End pairing, mobility, and mediation server deployment with media bypass. It covers a core chapter about Enterprise Voice with a closing part on Persistent Chat and on clients with their characteristics.
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 will give you all the relevant information you need to enable voice features, and will help to select the best Lync client in different scenarios.
What you will learn from this book
* Install a Lync 2013 Enterprise Pool with SQL mirroring
* Make Lync available to external users in a secure manner with reverse proxy and Edge
* Install and optimize the mediation server role
* Get started with Enterprise Voice and user phone numbers
* Organize Voice Policies, PSTN Usage Records, and Voice Routes
* Deploy a Persistent Chat Server with categories, chat rooms, and privacy
* Select the best available client for the different usage scenarios
This book has a practical approach with a lot of step-by-step guides and explanations as to where and why we’re doing the various operations.
Who this book is written for
Getting Started with Microsoft Lync Server 2013 is a starting point for system administrators, IT pros, unified communication technicians, and decision makers in companies or in the consultancy business. For people who have never managed Lync (or a U.C. product), the book will guide you through the basic concepts and mistakes. If you are already managing a Lync deployment you will find important explanations and ideas put together in a single text. If your work requires evaluating a Lync project this book offers parameters and suggestions to plan a project to deliver the best results. « less
From Telephony to Real Time Communication in the Digital Age
Unified Communications brings all relevant types of communication technology and modalities together: telephony, chat, availability information, video, sharing, and the integration into line of business software.
Microsoft Lync 2013 Unified Communications is a business and technology book combined more » into one about Unified Communications and it shares everything you need to know: how to evaluate and integrate a Unified Communications project in your own company and how you plan, design, and implement the technology itself. Additionally you get to know current innovations and available technologies for social networking, collaboration, cloud services, contact centers, and also enhanced collaboration for mobile devices. This book also offers a real business case of a transformational project from traditional telecommunications to Unified Communications and what business case you can realize for all business sizes. « less
Conquer Microsoft Office 365 administration—from the inside out!
Dive into Office 365 administration—and really put your systems expertise to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle deployment, more » configuration, and management—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
* Simplify enterprise deployment with planning tools and tasks
* Automate Office 365 processes with Windows PowerShell
* Manage user identity with Active Directory and Single Sign-On
* Monitor and maintain the health of Office 365 with Microsoft System Center
* Implement Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online
* Control variables in an Exchange Server hybrid implementation
* Customize and deploy Office 365 Professional Plus
* Explore real-world scenarios and apply insider management tips
For Intermediate to Advanced IT Professionals « less