Learn how to bridge the gap between the traditional animation principles and digital software.
Tradigital Flash: 12 Principles of Animation in Adobe Flash brings the essentials of traditional animation and Adobe Flash together. The early masters of animationcreated a list of 12 principles which are more » important for anyone who wants to create interesting and believable animation. Digital animation continues to make incredible technological advancements that give animators the capability to produce visually stunning work. New technology, however, also has a tendency to create an environment where animators are so focused on adapting to the new workflow that they tend to dismiss these fundamental animation principles… which often leads to poor and lifeless character animation. Tradigital Flash helps you focus on these principles while using the program’s wide array of features to create believable animation, consistently.
Tradigital Flash joins three other Tradigital books covering Maya, Blender, and 3ds Max. This new volume in the series approaches the topic in a different way, giving readers both a practical look at the software, and providing a theoretical understanding of the genre.
* Learn a new principle in each chapter, the Flash tools most related to it and how to put it all together.
* A plethora of examples demonstrate the good methods which animators should use in Flash, how to avoid the bad ones and ways to create a workflow that works for you.
* An easy-to-follow approach with examples throughout the book that build on each other, showing how the principles act together.
* A companion website www.rubberonion.com/tradigital-flash features more examples, downloadable FLA resource files, video tutorials.
* « less
Learn Autodesk Maya from an award-winning insider
Best-selling author, visual effects supervisor, and technical educator Dariush Derakhshani brings you a newly-updated, step-by-step guide to the most popular and complex 3D application on the market, Autodesk Maya. Introducing Autodesk Maya 2015 includes more » straightforward lessons, real-world examples, detailed tutorials, and downloadable project files that get you modeling and animating your own digital models and scenes right away.
The book starts you with the latest CG concepts and production workflows, and then shows you how to create a solar system to help get you acquainted with the basic tool set in Maya. From there, the books helps you:
* Learn the Maya user interface, including menus and plug-ins
* Build simple animations and 3D images right away
* Explore polygons, modeling, and NEX tools
* Get started with HDRI lighting, rendering, dynamics, simulations, and effects
Whether you're new to 3D or migrating from another 3D application, Introducing Autodesk Maya 2015 will kick-start your creativity and get you up and running with Maya. Author Derakhshani has worked on movies such as The Fantastic Four and Pan's Labyrinth, the South Park TV series, and numerous commercials and music videos. « less
Unleash the power of Python in Maya and unlock your creativity
Autodesk Maya is a 3D computer graphics software. It offers a vast and flexible set of features utilizing Python. It is not difficult to get started using Python in Autodesk Maya, but it can be difficult to go from writing procedural, MEL-inspired tools to building the powerful yet simple systems that more » Python promises.
Practical Maya Programming with Python will help you master both Python and Maya. With thorough explanations, illustrative examples, and complete sample projects, you will learn how to use Python to charm Maya into obeying your every command. Practical Maya Programming with Python will teach you how PyMEL works as well as how to deal with errors and write composable code in Python.
What you will learn from this book
* Understand the architecture of Python objects, Maya nodes, and PyMEL
* Write composable code that is modular and re-usable
* Make Maya "Pythonic" through the use of decorators and context managers
* Learn about different Maya UI options and libraries
* Use PySide and PyQt to build Maya user interfaces
* Turn Maya into a server that can be controlled remotely
* Understand how to use Python with Maya's API
* Conquer custom nodes using Python's dynamic type creation
"Practical Maya Programming with Python" is a practical tutorial packed with plenty of examples and sample projects which guides you through building reusable, independent modules and handling unexpected errors.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer looking to build a powerful system using Python and Maya's capabilities, then this book is for you. Practical Maya Programming with Python is perfect for intermediate users with basic experience in Python and Maya who want to better their knowledge and skills. « less
World's most widely used multi-platform game engine
Beginning 3D Game Development with Unity is perfect for those who would like to come to grips with programming Unity. You may be an artist who has learned 3D tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or Cinema 4D, or you may come from 2D tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator. On the other hand, you may just want more » to familiarize yourself with programming games and the latest ideas in game production.
This book introduces key game production concepts in an artist-friendly way, and rapidly teaches the basic scripting skills you'll need with Unity. It goes on to show how you, as an independent game artist, can create casual interactive adventure games in the style of Telltale's Tales of Monkey Island, while also giving you a firm foundation in game logic and design.
* The first part of the book explains the logic involved in game interaction, and soon has you creating game assets through simple examples that you can build upon and gradually expand.
* In the second part, you'll build the foundations of a point-and-click style first-person adventure game―including reusable state management scripts, load/save functionality, a robust inventory system, and a bonus feature: a dynamically configured maze and mini-map.
* With the help of the provided 2D and 3D content, you'll learn to evaluate and deal with challenges in bite-sized pieces as the project progresses, gaining valuable problem-solving skills in interactive design.
By the end of the book, you will be able to actively use the Unity 3D game engine, having learned the necessary workflows to utilize your own assets. You will also have an assortment of reusable scripts and art assets with which to build future games. « less
Discover the concepts and techniques required to rig engaging CG character models with Maya in this unique book and DVD package. The stunning color images show just what you can achieve, and the detailed step-by-step tutorials show exactly how to achieve them.
Every technique and tip is backed up more » with practical tutorials, using the models, student work and tutorial assets on the companion DVD to offer a crash course in this vital skill. With Cheryl Cabrera you'll learn about:
Designing your first Biped Character; Creating your first Biped Character - Modeling Basics, Biped Character Facial Expressions, Texturing Basics; Skeleton setup for a Biped Character Joint Placement; Control Rig setup for a Biped Character - IK and FK; Wrapping up the setup; Skinning your Character « less
An In-depth Guide to 3D Fundamentals, Geometry, and Modeling
David Gould's acclaimed first book, Complete Maya Programming: An Extensive Guide to MEL and the C++ API, provides artists and programmers with a deep understanding of the way Maya works and how it can be enhanced and customized through programming. In his new book David offers a gentle, intuitive introduction more » to the core ideas of computer graphics.
Each concept is explained progressively and is fully implemented in both MEL and C++ so that an artist or programmer can use the source code directly in their own programs. Geometry and modeling are covered in detail with progressively more complex examples demonstrating all of Maya's possible programming features. David Gould's first volume is widely regarded as the most authoritative reference on Maya programming. Volume II continues this tradition and provides an unmatched guide for the artist and programmer tackling complex tasks.
* Covers a spectrum of topics in computer graphics including points and vectors, rotations, transformations, curves and surfaces (polygonal, NURBS, subdivision), and modeling.
* Offers insights to Maya's inner workings so that an artist or programmer can design and develop customized tools and solutions.
* Discusses problem solving with MEL (Maya's scripting language) and the more powerful and versatile C++ API, with plenty of code examples for each. « less