ABOUT THIS BOOK
* This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to build fast, complex web applications
* Over 65 hands-on recipes help you build and deploy elegant web applications
* Optimize your web application for production use
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a web developer who is familiar more » with Meteor and has basic knowledge of web development, and you now want to explore new paradigms of single-page, real-time applications, this course is perfectly suited for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Secure your site with Meteor best practices
* Create reactive templates that update themselves when data changes
* Add routing to a single-page application and make it appear like a real website
* Make your own Meteor packages and see how to make them public
* Rapidly build robust, responsive user interfaces
* Publish your own reusable custom packages
* Optimize your site for load speed with advanced publishers and subscribers
* Master the intricacies of front-end development using Jeet, Bootstrap, CSS animations, and more
* Leverage the aggregation framework to produce results with big data
* Optimize your site for search engine visibility
This course follows a learning path divided into three modules. Each module is a mini course in its own right, taking your knowledge to a new level as you progress. The first module takes you from the installation of Meteor to building a fully working web blog (including back end) to create and edit posts. Your path will begin with the basic concepts and folder structure of a Meteor project, learning how Meteor templates work to test packages, and seeing the application itself.
The second module is a cookbook that starts with simple recipes designed for quick reference, and culminating advanced recipes that walk you through building and deploying a complete application. The cookbook covers all the major areas of Meteor development, including lesser-known and undocumented features too.
With all the important concepts covered in the previous modules, the third module will get you equipped with simple solutions to boost your development skills. You'll learn about mapping of real-world data and optimizing it, how to optimize and secure web applications and how to deploy and maintain it without breaking its features. Throughout the module, you will put your skills into practice and build an online shop from scratch.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
* Building Single-page Web Apps with Meteor, Fabian Vogelsteller
* Meteor Cookbook, Isaac Strack
* Meteor Design Patterns, Marcelo Reyna
STYLE AND APPROACH
This practical handbook has a step-by-step approach to help you improve your developer skills and efficiently built web applications using Meteor. « less
You will start with the basic concepts and folder structure of a Meteor project, learning how Meteor templates work. Learn how to retrieve and send data to the server and manipulate the database content. Routing will later make your example app look and behave like a real website. Next, you'll get to grips with Meteor's reactivity concept that can rerun functions when data changes while you're building your own reactive object, and package it later for drop-in use. After your app is ready, the book continues with ways of deploying your app on different types of servers. Finally, we will take a look at testing packages and the application itself. « less