Microsoft SharePoint hybrid consists of a growing list of advanced hybrid solutions that empowers organizations to consume benefits of the cloud and maintain their on-premises investments. This book is the second in a series of SharePoint hybrid books in which we show you how to configure, troubleshoot, more » and manage a SharePoint hybrid environment.
As you move toward configuring a SharePoint hybrid environment, you will soon realize the need for a go-to manual to ensure a successful implementation. This book does exactly that! It contains step-by-step instructions to help you with configuring and managing SharePoint hybrid. Although, it is aimed primarily for a technical audience, it also addresses business benefits that you might need to present to your management.
This book covers configuring these SharePoint hybrid capabilities in detail, along with scenario-based troubleshooting and recommended practices.
Operating a SharePoint hybrid environment requires experience in both on-premises SharePoint as well as Microsoft Office 365 products, such as SharePoint Online and Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
With hybrid capabilities such as search, business connectivity services, OneDrive for Business, sites, profiles, and advanced extranet sharing, you will find yourself surrounded by recommended practices and resources that will help you along the way.
One of the most important capabilities—hybrid search—is the glue that binds the on-premises and cloud data together, making it possible for your users to collaborate and access valuable data and information, whether it resides on-premises or in the cloud. You can choose to securely handle and expose line-of-business application data on SharePoint Online by configuring business connectivity services hybrid. Additional hybrid features such as enhanced profiles, sites, and OneDrive for Business, combined with Delve enhance the collaboration experiences in a SharePoint hybrid environment.
It is our aim to get you started to consider cybersecurity in your SharePoint hybrid roadmap. Cybersecurity is a topic of growing concern and we believe it is necessary for a SharePoint hybrid workforce to be security aware as they collaborate in real time across various regions of the world. We have handpicked topics in cybersecurity to raise your awareness of the risks so that you have a great start to factor these risks and create your risk mitigation plan for a secure and well-performing SharePoint hybrid deployment. « less
A Guide to Solving Practical Problems
This is the first book to show the capabilities of Microsoft Excel in teaching marketing statistics effectively. It is a step-by-step exercise-driven guide for students and practitioners who need to master Excel to solve practical marketing problems. If understanding statistics isn’t your strongest suit, more » you are not especially mathematically-inclined, or if you are wary of computers, this is the right book for you.
Excel, a widely available computer program for students and managers, is also an effective teaching and learning tool for quantitative analyses in marketing courses. Its powerful computational ability and graphical functions make learning statistics much easier than in years past. However, Excel 2016 for Marketing Statistics: A Guide to Solving Practical Problems is the first book to capitalize on these improvements by teaching students and managers how to apply Excel to statistical techniques necessary in their courses and work.
Each chapter explains statistical formulas and directs the reader to use Excel commands to solve specific, easy-to-understand marketing problems. Practice problems are provided at the end of each chapter with their solutions in an appendix. Separately, there is a full Practice Test (with answers in an Appendix) that allows readers to test what they have learned. « less
Master Oracle GoldenGate technology on multiple database platforms using this step-by-step implementation guide. Learn about advanced features to use in building a robust, high-availability replication system. Provided are detailed illustration of Oracle GoldenGate concepts, GoldenGate tools and add-ons, more » as well as illustrative examples. The book covers Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle database, and also discusses setup and configuration for other common databases such as IBM DB2, SYBASE ASE, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
The technology landscape is fast-changing, and Mastering Oracle GoldenGate stays current by covering the new features included in Oracle GoldenGate 12c. The book covers both classic capture and integrated capture, as well as delivery. Also covered are Oracle GoldenGate security and performance tuning, to keep your system secure and performing at its best. You will learn to monitor your GoldenGate system using tools that come with Oracle GoldenGate management pack, as well as using shell scripts. Troubleshooting is well-illustrated with examples:
* Covering Oracle GoldenGate technology across common database brands
* Discussing high-performing and secure replication environments
* Speaking to replication in Big Data and cloud computing environments
What You Will Learn
* Implement Oracle GoldenGate for real time replication
* Secure and tune your replication environment for high performance
* Administer your Oracle GoldenGate environment
* Learn troubleshooting approaches with help of examples
* Learn and make use of GoldenGate Management Pack and its API
* Feed live data into Big Data and cloud-based systems
Who This Book Is ForMastering Oracle GoldenGate is for database professionals who have chosen to ride the Oracle GoldenGate roller coaster for real-time replication solutions. The book is for beginners as well as professionals who are willing to master the leading replication technology in the industry. It is an excellent choice for professionals who are implementing or maintaining Oracle GoldenGate replication environments on any of the major database management system platforms. « less
This book helps you understand, troubleshoot and repair issues with local Windows installations, automating the OS deployment and configuring updates via WSUS and Windows Intune. When tasked with deploying Windows operating systems, there can seem to be an overwhelming amount of tools and techniques more » to learn to master this process. Whether you are installing a new Windows operating system locally, or looking to deploy a customized build to 1000s of devices in your network, you will need to understand how to do this successfully and reliably. This book steps up through local installations and upgrades through to Lite Touch deployments using WDS and MDT, and then to Zero Touch installations using Microsoft System Center. Management of updates to Windows is also covered, using both on-premises technologies and cloud-based services. In this book you’ll learn how to decide between local installation types, perform upgrades, use automation techniques to deploy images and how to maintain Windows throughout the operational phase of the lifecycle.
What You'll Learn * How to install Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 locally
* How to perform upgrades locally on a Windows PC, including migrating data and user profiles
* How to deploy operating systems using Lite Touch techniques
* How to deploy operating systems using Zero Touch technologies
* How to maintain on-premises and devices not connected to the company network by using WSUS and Windows Intune
Who This Book Is For
IT pros including IT support personnel and system administrators. This book will also be of interest to Windows experts and power users. « less
Your hands-on guide to Microsoft Visual C# fundamentals with Visual Studio 2015 Expand your expertise - and teach yourself the fundamentals of programming with the latest version of Visual C# with Visual Studio 2015. If you are an experienced software developer, you’ll get all the guidance, exercises, more » and code you need to start building responsive, scalable Windows 10 and Universal Windows Platform applications with Visual C#.
Discover how to:
* Quickly start creating Visual C# code and projects with Visual Studio 2015
* Work with variables, operators, expressions, and methods
* Control program flow with decision and iteration statements
* Build more robust apps with error, exception, and resource management
* Master the essentials of Visual C# object-oriented programming
* Use enumerations, structures, generics, collections, indexers, and other advanced features
* Create in-memory data queries with LINQ query expressions
* Improve application throughput and response time with asynchronous methods
* Decouple application logic and event handling
* Streamline development with new app templates
* Implement the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern
* Build Universal Windows Platform apps that smoothly adapt to PCs, tablets, and Windows phones
* Integrate Microsoft Azure cloud databases and RESTful web services
* For software developers who are new to Visual C# or who are upgrading from older versions
* Readers should have experience with at least one programming language
* No prior Microsoft .NET or Visual Studio development experience required « less
Work with various Microsoft technologies using Applied Architecture Patterns
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Updated to include the most recent technologies, including .NET and SQL Server
* Provides an architectural methodology for choosing Microsoft application platform technologies to meet the requirements of your solution
* Presents solutions for messaging, workflow, data processing, more » and performance scenarios
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for architects, developers, and managers who need to improve their knowledge of the Microsoft application platform. This book will appeal to anyone, especially consultants, who want to get up to speed on selecting the most appropriate platform for a particular problem. A good understanding of the general Windows platform and development technologies would be helpful.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Organize the evaluation of candidate solutions to a given business problem
* Learn about the new features of .NET 4.5 and its capabilities
* Understand the core components and compelling aspects of BizTalk Server 2013
* Explore different integration patterns and antipatterns such as point-to-point, message broker, publish/subscribe, data aggregation versus data sharing, and enterprise message bus
* Understand the architectural principles that SOA brings to the table and how they are different from open API
* Implement fully automated workflows and workflows with manual operations
* Use SharePoint to improve content management and collaboration in the enterprise
This book provides a method for choosing the right Microsoft application platform technologies to meet the requirements of your solution. It examines proven technologies such as SQL Server, BizTalk, SharePoint, and .NET. The book considers architectural patterns for solutions in the areas of messaging, workflow, data processing, and collaboration.
This book will give you a proven framework to make the optimal technology selection and fulfil your business requirements. We will also discuss building web services and REST services in an SOA environment, as well as different approaches to building presentation layers, integration patterns, and much more.
Applied Architecture Patterns on the Microsoft Platform, Second Edition,is your ultimate guide to Microsoft technologies and beyond. « less
Fully updated! Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-413 - and help demonstrate your real-world mastery designing, and implementing Windows Server infrastructure in an enterprise environment. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and more » decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSE level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
* Plan and deploy a server infrastructure
* Design and implement network infrastructure services
* Design and implement network access services
* Design and implement an Active Directory infrastructure (logical)
* Design and implement an Active Directory infrastructure (physical)
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
* Is fully updated for Windows Server 2012 R2
* Organizes its coverage by objectives for Exam 70-413
* Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge candidates
* Designed for IT professionals responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise-scaled, highly virtualized environment. « less
250+ READY-TO-USE, POWERFUL DMX QUERIES
Transform data mining model information into actionable business intelligence using the Data Mining Extensions (DMX) language. Practical DMX Queries for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 contains more than 250 downloadable DMX queries you can use to more » extract and visualize data. The application, syntax, and results of each query are described in detail. The book emphasizes DMX for use in SSMS against SSAS, but the queries also apply to SSRS, SSIS, DMX in SQL, WinForms, WebForms, and many other applications. Techniques for generating DMX syntax from graphical tools are also demonstrated in this valuable resource.
* View cases within data mining structures and models using DMX Case queries
* Examine the content of a data mining model with DMX Content queries
* Perform DMX Prediction queries based on the Decision Trees algorithm and the Time Series algorithm
* Run Prediction and Cluster queries based on the Clustering algorithm
* Execute Prediction queries with Association and Sequence Clustering algorithms
* Use DMX DDL queries to create, alter, drop, back up, and restore data mining objects
* Display various parameters for each algorithm with Schema queries
* Examine the values of discrete, discretized, and continuous structure columns using Column queries
* Use graphical interfaces to generate Prediction, Content, Cluster, and DDL queries
* Deliver DMX query results to end users
Download the source code from www.mhprofessional.com/computingdownload « less
This book will teach you all about Windows Server AppFabric (code-named “Dublin”), a set of extensions to Windows Server that allow it to function as a lightweight, application server. The combination of Windows Server and AppFabric provides an easy-to-manage platform for developing, deploying, and reliably more » hosting middle-tier WCF/WF services.
Windows Server AppFabric fills an important vacuum left in the wake of COM and COM+’s demise as the .NET platform has risen to prominence. Provided as an extension to Internet Information Services (IIS), the built-in application server frees you from having to create your own Windows services to perform application hosting. Instead, you can take advantage of plumbing and infrastructure that Microsoft provides for you, freeing you to focus on just your business logic while still being able to deploy n-tier solutions on Windows Server. In this way, Windows Server AppFabric solves the problem of developing, deploying, and reliably hosting middle-tier WCF/WF services.
If you’re an experienced developer, you’ll want to learn about Windows Server AppFabric fast, without a lot of reading. And that’s what this book is all about. It cuts to the chase and shows you the simplicity and elegance that combine to form Windows Server AppFabric, getting you up to speed fast, so that you can take advantage of all the platform has to offer.
**** What you’ll learn ****
* Deploy Windows Server AppFabric (aka “Dublin”) as your middle-tier application host.
* Incorporate Windows Server AppFabric's built-in functionality into your WCF- and WF-based .NET applications.
* Design your applications to scale and perform in highly available environments, and learn use advanced Windows Server AppFabric features such as content-based and forward routing, long-running transactions, message activity monitoring and tracking.
* Understand Windows Server AppFabric’s architecture, and know when it is best used, and when you should look at other solutions, such as BizTalk Server.
* Understand the Windows Server AppFabric roadmap and how AppFabric relates to other new Microsoft technologies such as .NET 4.0, Oslo, and WCF/WF 4.0
* Upgrade existing applications to Windows Server AppFabric and take advantage of its architecture and features.
**** Who this book is for ****
* .NET developers (including WCF and WF developers)
* BizTalk developers
This book is aimed at .NET and BizTalk Server developers who desire a middleware application server platform that simplifies the deployment, configuration, management, and scalability of composite applications while allowing developers to use their existing skills with Visual Studio, the .NET Framework, and Internet Information Services (IIS). The book is especially applicable to those who want to leverage the .NET Framework 4.0 and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) technologies.
**** Table of Contents ****
2. Choosing AppFabric
3. Laying the Foundation
4. Understanding the Architecture
5. Configuring AppFabric
6. Developing WCF Applications with AppFabric
7. Developing WF Applications Hosting in AppFabric
8. Deploying AppFabric Applications
9. Advanced Concepts Monitoring and Tracking
10. Implementing High Availability
11. Upgrading to AppFabric « less
The Definitive Guide to Developing Applications Using Microsoft Excel, VBA, and .NET
“As Excel applications become more complex and the Windows development platform more powerful, Excel developers need books like this to help them evolve their solutions to the next level of sophistication. Professional Excel Development is a book for developers who want to build powerful, state-of-the-art more » Excel applications using the latest Microsoft technologies.”
–Gabhan Berry, Program Manager, Excel Programmability, Microsoft
“The first edition of Professional Excel Development is my most-consulted and most-recommended book on Office development. The second edition expands both the depth and range. It shines because it takes every issue one step further than you expect. The book relies on the authors’ current, real-world experience to cover not only how a feature works, but also the practical implications of using it in professional work.”
–Shauna Kelly, Director, Thendara Green
“This book illustrates techniques that will result in well-designed, robust, and maintainable Excel-based applications. The authors’ advice comes from decades of solid experience of designing and building applications. The practicality of the methods is well illustrated by the example timesheet application that is developed step-by-step through the book. Every serious Excel developer should read this and learn from it. I did.”
– Bill Manville, Application Developer, Bill Manville Associates
The Start-to-Finish Guide to Building State-of-the-Art Solutions with Excel 2007
In this book, four world-class Microsoft® Excel developers offer start-to-finish guidance for building powerful, robust, and secure applications with Excel. The authors—three of whom have been honored by Microsoft as Excel Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)—show how to consistently make the right design decisions and make the most of Excel’s most powerful new features. Using their techniques,you can reduce development costs, time to market, and hassle—and build more effective, successful solutions.
Fully updated for Excel 2007, this book starts where other books on Excel programming leave off. Through a hands-on case study project, you’ll discover best practices for planning, architecting, and building Excel applications that are robust, secure, easy to maintain, and highly usable. If you’re a working developer, no other book on Excel programming offers you this much depth, insight, or value.
• Design worksheets that will be more useful and reliable
• Leverage built-in and application-specific add-ins
• Construct applications that behave like independent Windows programs
• Make the most of the new Ribbon user interface
• Create cross-version applications that work with legacy versions of Excel
• Utilize XML within Excel applications
• Understand and use Windows API calls
• Master VBA error handling, debugging, and performance optimization
• Develop applications based on data stored in Access, SQL Server, and other databases
• Build powerful visualization solutions with Excel charting engine
• Learn how to work with VB.NET and leverage its IDE
• Automate Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
• Create managed COM add-ins for Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
• Develop Excel solutions with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO)
• Integrate Excel with Web Services
• Deploy applications more securely and efficiently « less