This book examines signal processing techniques used in wireless communication illustrated by using the Matlab program. The author discusses these techniques as they relate to Doppler spread, Delay spread, Rayleigh and Rician channel modeling, rake receiver, diversity techniques, MIMO and OFDM based more » transmission techniques, and array signal processing. Related topics such as detection theory, Link budget, Multiple access techniques, spread spectrum, are also covered. • Illustrates signal processing techniques involved in wireless communication • Discusses multiple access techniques such as Frequency division multiple access, Time division multiple access, and Code division multiple access • Covers band pass modulation techniques such as Binary phase shift keying, Differential phase shift keying, Quadrature phase shift keying, Binary frequency shift keying, Minimum shift keying, and Gaussian minimum shift keying. « less
Algorithms and Implementations
A comprehensive and invaluable guide to 5G technology, implementation and practice in one single volume. For all things 5G, this book is a must-read.
Signal processing techniques have played the most important role in wireless communications since the second generation of cellular systems. It is anticipated more » that new techniques employed in 5G wireless networks will not only improve peak service rates significantly, but also enhance capacity, coverage, reliability , low-latency, efficiency, flexibility, compatibility and convergence to meet the increasing demands imposed by applications such as big data, cloud service, machine-to-machine (M2M) and mission-critical communications.
This book is a comprehensive and detailed guide to all signal processing techniques employed in 5G wireless networks. Uniquely organized into four categories, New Modulation and Coding, New Spatial Processing, New Spectrum Opportunities and New System-level Enabling Technologies, it covers everything from network architecture, physical-layer (down-link and up-link), protocols and air interface, to cell acquisition, scheduling and rate adaption, access procedures and relaying to spectrum allocations. All technology aspects and major roadmaps of global 5G standard development and deployments are included in the book.
* Offers step-by-step guidance on bringing 5G technology into practice, by applying algorithms and design methodology to real-time circuit implementation, taking into account rapidly growing applications that have multi-standards and multi-systems.
* Addresses spatial signal processing for 5G, in particular massive multiple-input multiple-output (massive-MIMO), FD-MIMO and 3D-MIMO along with orbital angular momentum multiplexing, 3D beamforming and diversity.
* Provides detailed algorithms and implementations, and compares all multicarrier modulation and multiple access schemes that offer superior data transmission performance including FBMC, GFDM, F-OFDM, UFMC, SEFDM, FTN, MUSA, SCMA and NOMA.
* Demonstrates the translation of signal processing theories into practical solutions for new spectrum opportunities in terms of millimeter wave, full-duplex transmission and license assisted access.
* Presents well-designed implementation examples, from individual function block to system level for effective and accurate learning.
* Covers signal processing aspects of emerging system and network architectures, including ultra-dense networks (UDN), software-defined networks (SDN), device-to-device (D2D) communications and cloud radio access network (C-RAN). « less
Narrow and Broadband Standards, EMC, and Advanced Processing
One of the first publications of its kind in the exciting field of multiple input multiple output (MIMO) power line communications (PLC), MIMO Power Line Communications: Narrow and Broadband Standards, EMC, and Advanced Processing contains contributions from experts in industry and academia, making it more » practical enough to provide a solid understanding of how PLC technologies work, yet scientific enough to form a base for ongoing R&D activities.
This book is subdivided into five thematic parts. Part I looks at narrow- and broadband channel characterization based on measurements from around the globe. Taking into account current regulations and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), part II describes MIMO signal processing strategies and related capacity and throughput estimates. Current narrow- and broadband PLC standards and specifications are described in the various chapters of part III. Advanced PLC processing options are treated in part IV, drawing from a wide variety of research areas such as beamforming/precoding, time reversal, multi-user processing, and relaying. Lastly, part V contains case studies and field trials, where the advanced technologies of tomorrow are put into practice today.
Suitable as a reference or a handbook, MIMO Power Line Communications: Narrow and Broadband Standards, EMC, and Advanced Processing features self-contained chapters with extensive cross-referencing to allow for a flexible reading path. « less
Multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology constitutes a breakthrough in the design of wireless communications systems, and is already at the core of several wireless standards. Exploiting multipath scattering, MIMO techniques deliver significant performance enhancements in terms of data transmission more » rate and interference reduction. This book is a detailed introduction to the analysis and design of MIMO wireless systems. Beginning with an overview of MIMO technology, the authors then examine the fundamental capacity limits of MIMO systems. Transmitter design, including precoding and space-time coding, is then treated in depth, and the book closes with two chapters devoted to receiver design. Written by a team of leading experts, the book blends theoretical analysis with physical insights, and highlights a range of key design challenges. It can be used as a textbook for advanced courses on wireless communications, and will also appeal to researchers and practitioners working on MIMO wireless systems. « less
Techniques, Models and Tools for 4G
Mobile Broadband Multimedia Networks: Techniques, Models and Tools for 4th Generation Communication Networks provides the main results of the prestigious and well known European COST 273 research project on the development of next generation mobile and wireless communication systems.
Based on the more » applied research of over 350 participants in academia and industry, this book focuses on the radio aspects of mobile and wireless broadband multimedia communications, by exploring and developing new methods, models, techniques, strategies and tools towards the implementation of 4th generation mobile and wireless communication systems.
This complete reference includes topics ranging from transmission and signal processing techniques to antennas and diversity, ultra wide band, MIMO and reference scenarios for radio network simulation and evaluation.
This book will be an ideal source of the latest developments in mobile multimedia broadband technologies for researchers, R&D engineers, graduates and engineers in industry implementing simulation models and conducting measurements.
* Based on the well known and respected research of the COST 273 project ‘Towards Mobile Broadband Multimedia Networks', whose previous models have been adopted by standardisation bodies such as ITU, ETSI and 3GPP
* Gives methods, techniques, models and tools for developing 4th generation mobile and wireless communication systems
* Includes the latest development of key technologies and methods such as MIMO systems, ultra wide-band and OFDM « less