A Day-By-Day Review Guide for the IINS 210-260 Certification Exam
31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam offers you an engaging and practical way to understand the certification process, commit to taking the CCNA Security IINS 210-260 certification exam, and finish your preparation using a variety of Primary and Supplemental study resources.
The IINS 210-260 exam more » tests your knowledge of secure network infrastructure, core security concepts, secure access, VPN encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, web/email content security, and endpoint security. It also tests your skills for installing, troubleshooting, and monitoring secure networks to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
Sign up for the IINS 210-260 exam and use the book’s day-by-day guide and checklist to organize, prepare, and review. Each day in this guide breaks down an exam topic into a manageable bit of information to review using short summaries. A Study Resources section provides you with a quick reference for locating more in-depth treatment of a day’s topics within the Primary and Supplemental resources.
The features of the book empower you to fit exam preparation into a busy schedule:
· A visual calendar summarizing each day’s study topic
· A checklist providing advice for preparation activities leading up to the exam
· A description of the CCNA Security IINS 210-260 exam organization and sign-up process
· Strategies from the author to be mentally, organizationally, and physically prepared for exam day
· A conversational tone, which makes your study time more enjoyable
CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-566-8
CCNA Security Course Booklet Version 2 ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-351-0
CCNA Security Lab Manual Version 2 ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-350-3
CCNA Security 210-260 Complete Video Course ISBN-13: 978-0-13-449931-4
CCNA Security Portable Command Guide, Second Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-575-0
Cisco ASA: All-in-One Next-Generation Firewall, IPS, and VPN Services, Third Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-307-6
Covers: CCNA Security « less
An Expert Guide to Building Oracle Database Cloud Infrastructures
This is the first complete, practical guide to architecting, designing, and building Database Clouds with Oracle 12c. Written by a veteran author team of Oracle gurus and ACE Directors, Building Database Clouds in Oracle 12c combines a real-world, hands-on operations guide with an expert handbook on more » Oracle Database-As-A-Service (DBaaS) and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
Writing for Oracle DBAs, DMAs, cloud administrators, and other Oracle professionals, the authors present authoritative technical information for database cloud build-out, management, monitoring, and day-to-day administration.
The authors first explain the key concepts underlying DBaaS, describe cloud computing implementations related to it, and outline the business and technology benefits. Next, they show how the Oracle DBA’s approach changes in cloud environments. Then, building on this foundation, they offer insider advice on all key facets of database cloud deployment and operation with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle RAC 12c.
This guide helps you
* Make the business case for cloud computing with DBaaS
* Organize DBA responsibilities in cloud environments
* Plan, design, and deploy Database Clouds with Oracle’s latest components
* Consolidate schema and databases with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
* Use best practices for management, administration metering, and chargeback
* Clone databases quickly and reliably
* Set up grid infrastructure on Oracle VM for x86 or Oracle VM VirtualBox « less
Achieve the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of your web applications with ease
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Overcome the challenges of implementing DevOps for web applications, familiarize yourself with diverse third-party modules, and learn how to integrate them with bespoke code to efficiently complete tasks
* Understand how to deploy web applications for a variety of Cloud platforms more » such as Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Microsoft Azure, Azure Web Apps, and Docker Container
* Understand how to monitor applications deployed in Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Microsoft Azure, Azure Web Apps using Nagios, New Relic, Microsoft Azure, and AWS default monitoring features
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a system admin or application and web application developer with a basic knowledge of programming and want to get hands-on with tools such as Jenkins 2 and Chef, and Cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure, Docker, New Relic, Nagios, and their modules to host, deploy, monitor, and manage their web applications, then this book is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Grasp Continuous Integration for a JEE application—create and configure a build job for a Java application with Maven and with Jenkins 2.0
* Create built-in delivery pipelines of Jenkins 2 and build a pipeline configuration for end-to-end automation to manage the lifecycle of Continuous Integration
* Get to know all about configuration management using Chef to create a runtime environment
* Perform instance provisioning in AWS and Microsoft Azure and manage virtual machines on different cloud platforms—install Knife plugins for Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure
* Deploy an application in Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Microsoft Azure Web Apps, and a Docker container
* Monitor infrastructure, application servers, web servers, and applications with the use of open source monitoring solutions and New Relic
* Orchestrate multiple build jobs to achieve application deployment automation—create parameterized build jobs for end-to-end automation
The DevOps culture is growing at a massive rate, as many organizations are adopting it. However, implementing it for web applications is one of the biggest challenges experienced by many developers and admins, which this book will help you overcome using various tools, such as Chef, Docker, and Jenkins.
On the basis of the functionality of these tools, the book is divided into three parts. The first part shows you how to use Jenkins 2.0 for Continuous Integration of a sample JEE application. The second part explains the Chef configuration management tool, and provides an overview of Docker containers, resource provisioning in cloud environments using Chef, and Configuration Management in a cloud environment. The third part explores Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Docker, all using Jenkins 2.0.
This book combines the skills of both web application deployment and system configuration as each chapter contains one or more practical hands-on projects. You will be exposed to real-world project scenarios that are progressively presented from easy to complex solutions. We will teach you concepts such as hosting web applications, configuring a runtime environment, monitoring and hosting on various cloud platforms, and managing them. This book will show you how to essentially host and manage web applications along with Continuous Integration, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management, Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Delivery, and Deployment.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This is a learning guide for those who have a basic knowledge of application deployment, configuration management tools, and Cloud computing, and are eager to leverage it to implement DevOps for web applications using end-to-end automation and orchestration. « less
How to Become a Cutting-Edge Linux Administrator
If you want to excel in your work as a Linux administrator, or perhaps land a job as one, you need this book. The amount of knowledge and expertise required of Linux administrators has grown tremendously over the past 10 years. Today you need an amazing variety of skills, several of them very new.
This more » book provides developers, enterprise architects, and site reliability engineers with a sound introduction to bleeding-edge Linux-based tools and technologies for both development and production environments. If you already know Linux administration basics, author Sam Alapati will help you explore and evaluate tools for virtualization, cloud and big data, configuration management and continuous delivery, and operations monitoring.
* Scalability, web applications, web services, and microservices
* Server virtualization, Linux containers, and Docker containers
* Automating server deployment and managing development environments
* Infrastructure as code, configuration management, and orchestration tools
* Version control and source code management
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment
* Centralized log management and analysis, and streaming data « less
For DBAs and Developers
This book helps database and system administrators succeed in managing Oracle Application Express (APEX) environments. Focus is on creating the right combination of scalability, high-availability, backup and recovery, integrity, and resource control. The book covers everything from simple to enterprise-class more » deployments, with emphasis on enterprise-level requirements and coverage of cloud and hybrid-cloud scenarios.
Many books cover how to develop applications in Oracle APEX. It’s a tool with a fast-growing user-base as developers come to know how quick and easy it is to create new applications that run in a browser. However, just getting an application off the ground is only a small part of a bigger picture. Applications must be supported. They must be available when users need them. They must be robust against disaster and secure against malicious attack. These are the issues addressed in Oracle Application Express Administration. These are the issues that when tackled successfully lead to long term success in using Oracle APEX as a rapid application-development toolset.
Readers of this book learn how to install the Oracle APEX engine in support of small-scale projects such as at the departmental level, and in support of enterprise-level projects accessed by thousands of users across dozens of time zones. Readers learn to take advantage of Oracle Database’s underlying feature set in regards to application scalability and performance, integrity, security, high-availability, and robustness against failure and data loss. Oracle Application Express Administration also describes different cloud solutions, integration with Oracle E-Business Suite, and helps in taking advantage of multitenancy in Oracle Database 12c and beyond.
* Covers important enterprise considerations such as scalability, robustness, high-availability.
* Describes cloud-based application deployment scenarios
* Focuses on creating the right deployment environment for long-term success
What You Will Learn
* Install, upgrade, and configure robust APEX environments
* Backup and recover APEX applications and their data
* Monitor and tune the APEX engine and its applications
* Benefit from new administration features in APEX 5.0
* Run under multi-tenant architecture in Oracle Database 12c
* Manage the use of scarce resources with Resource Manager
* Secure your data with advanced security features
Build high-availability into your APEX deployments
Integrate APEX with Oracle E-Business Suite
Who This Book Is For
Oracle Application Express Administration is for architects, administrators, and developers who want to better understand how APEX works in a corporate environment. Readers will use this book to design deployment architectures around Oracle Database strengths like multi-tenancy, resource management, and high availability. The book is also useful to administrators responsible for installation and upgrade, backup and recovery, and the ongoing monitoring of the APEX engine and the applications built upon it. « less
Linux systems are everywhere today, even in companies once considered "pure Windows." If you’re a sysadmin, network administrator, or developer in a small Windows shop, you may have to jump in and fix a system problem when your site goes down. What if you have no Linux knowledge? This short guide provides more » tips to help you survive.
Linux systems may appear in your shop as virtual machines or in the cloud, including web servers, databases, mobile device managers, version control, and monitoring systems. When one of them falters, this primer leads you through some diagnostic and recovery tasks so you can quickly get your site back up.
- Connect to a Linux system with OpenSSH and PuTTY secure shells
- List files and directories, and move around within the file system
- Safely inspect the file contents without changing them
- Narrow your search by using commands to locate specific files
- Use the grep command to search for error messages inside a file
- Determine real-time system state to find underlying problems
- Examine disk utilization and zero in on space-hogging files
- Transfer suspect files from Linux to Windows for later analysis
- Use commands to start, stop, restart, or even kill unresponsive services
- Know where to find help when troubleshooting isn’t enough « less
With 28 new chapters, the third edition of The Practice of System and Network Administration innovates yet again! Revised with thousands of updates and clarifications based on reader feedback, this new edition also incorporates DevOps strategies even for non-DevOps environments.
Whether you use Linux, more » Unix, or Windows, this new edition describes the essential practices previously handed down only from mentor to protégé. This wonderfully lucid, often funny cornucopia of information introduces beginners to advanced frameworks valuable for their entire career, yet is structured to help even experts through difficult projects.
Other books tell you what commands to type. This book teaches you the cross-platform strategies that are timeless!
* DevOps techniques: Apply DevOps principles to enterprise IT infrastructure, even in environments without developers
* Game-changing strategies: New ways to deliver results faster with less stress
* Fleet management: A comprehensive guide to managing your fleet of desktops, laptops, servers and mobile devices
* Service management: How to design, launch, upgrade and migrate services
* Measurable improvement: Assess your operational effectiveness; a forty-page, pain-free assessment system you can start using today to raise the quality of all services
* Design guides: Best practices for networks, data centers, email, storage, monitoring, backups and more
* Management skills: Organization design, communication, negotiation, ethics, hiring and firing, and more
Have you ever had any of these problems?
* Have you been surprised to discover your backup tapes are blank?
* Ever spent a year launching a new service only to be told the users hate it?
* Do you have more incoming support requests than you can handle?
* Do you spend more time fixing problems than building the next awesome thing?
* Have you suffered from a botched migration of thousands of users to a new service?
* Does your company rely on a computer that, if it died, can’t be rebuilt?
* Is your network a fragile mess that breaks any time you try to improve it?
* Is there a periodic “hell month” that happens twice a year? Twelve times a year?
* Do you find out about problems when your users call you to complain?
* Does your corporate “Change Review Board” terrify you?
* Does each division of your company have their own broken way of doing things?
* Do you fear that automation will replace you, or break more than it fixes?
* Are you underpaid and overworked?
No vague “management speak” or empty platitudes. This comprehensive guide provides real solutions that prevent these problems and more! « less
Your one-stop solution to efficient network monitoring with Zabbix
This book will help you to implement a powerful network monitoring solution based on Zabbix. Beginning with the installation of Zabbix, you will be guided through the complex task of designing, configuring, and deploying an enterprise class solution to efficiently monitor the networking infrastructures. more » Focusing on DNS and proxies, IT admins will learn how to effectively monitor a large network using Zabbix.
Starting with a quick walk-through of the basics, this book will prove to be an invaluable tutorial if you intend to deploy a robust and secure monitoring system for your networking environment with 24/7 automated reporting and logging. With extensive coverage of network topology with maps and graphs, this book will enable you to set up an effective monitoring solution for your network infrastructure. The book's fast-paced, easy-to-follow approach ensures that you'll learn everything quickly and efficiently. « less
Install, configure, and get real results from Spiceworks in just a couple of hours
* Configure Spiceworks to scan your network and provide essential information
* Configure Reporting, Purchasing, and using the Spiceworks Community to save precious hours and become more efficient
* Configure your help desk and user portal to keep track of your work
Over more » 2 million IT pros have installed Spiceworks. It helps them with their daily tasks, streamlines processes, and even saves them money, all for free! Getting Started with Spiceworks is an ideal resource to install Spiceworks and run it on your network. After all, over 2 million IT pros can’t be wrong, so learn how to join the Spiceworks IT revolution.
"Getting Started with Spiceworks" starts from downloading the app to having a fully functional Spiceworks installation in just a few minutes. It will cover Network Inventory, Help Desk, Self-Service User Portal, knowledge bases, and more in detail for you to get the most out of Spiceworks.Whether you have a decade of experience or you are new to the IT field, Spiceworks has tools for every IT pro's needs. You will learn how to make your daily tasks easier, streamline existing processes, and even save money with Spiceworks.
"Getting Started with Spiceworks" will walk you through the Spiceworks installation step-by-step. It will cover topics such as configuring Spiceworks to scan your network and organize information, setting up Help Desk and Self-Service User Portal, running reports that dazzle and streamline your purchasing process, and connecting with other IT pros around your area or around the world thoroughly.
"Getting Started with Spiceworks" will provide insights and tips from experts on Spiceworks. It is an ideal guide to progress quickly from installation to Spiceworks being an essential part of your IT day.
What you will learn from this book
* Use tips and tricks to install Spiceworks in your environment
* Configure Spiceworks to scan your network and organize the wealth of information that Spiceworks delivers
* Set up Help Desk to track issues, time, and improve communication with end users
* Utilize the powerful reporting engine of Spiceworks
* Configure Self-Service User Portal to open trouble tickets, and serve as a hub for information
* Use Spiceworks for Monitoring and Alerts
* Set up a knowledge base to document issues and resolutions
* Use Spiceworks for IT Purchasing needs to save you money and time
* Configure Asset and Warranty information within Spiceworks
This book will have a getting started approach, thus making it easy for the readers to understand and learn Spiceworks.
Who this book is written for
This book is for any IT pro who wants to make their day easier. With this book, you can go from installing Spiceworks to having a good working knowledge of it in a single afternoon, no Spiceworks experience required! This book assumes no prior experience with Spiceworks. « less
Use Nagios to monitor and report on the states of servers, network devices, and applications
Real-world configurations and supporting materials enable you to deploy Nagios and integrate other tools on a step-by-step basis. Simplifies deployment and installation by providing examples of real-world monitoring situations and explains how to configure, architect, and deploy EM solutions to address more » these situations. Shows how to create your own Nagios plug-ins, to monitor devices for which Nagios doesn’t provide plug-ins « less