Learn to Code with the Web Audio API
Your ticket to entering the exciting world of Macs! If you've always thought computers were too complicated and intimidating, you're in for a pleasant surprise! Written and designed with your unique needs in mind, Macs For Seniors For Dummies makes it faster and easier than ever to experience all your more » Apple computer has to offer. In no time, you'll find out how to stay connected with family and friends, explore the Internet, create and print documents, watch your favorite movies, get apps from the App Store, and so much more.
From advice on which Mac you should buy to getting started with set up and configurations, this hands-on, accessible guide covers everything needed to help you make the most of your new computer. You'll learn how to customize OS X El Capitan, work with files and folders, connect to a printer, use Safari to browse the web, and keep in touch through social media—and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
* Set up your Mac and move around the desktop
* Make FaceTime calls and send emails
* Store photos and files using iCloud
* Play videos, music, and games
With the help of Macs For Seniors For Dummies, you'll soon discover that you don't have to be a millennial to make a Mac your minion! « less
Learn to build component-based user interfaces of the future using Angular 2
* Developers will be able to make better websites right away by building the example components in the book
* You'll learn new ways of conceptualizing how to design your web applications, which will prepare you to keep making more sophisticated projects
* Learning these concepts and building more » these apps will put developers ahead of the curve in preparing for "tomorrow's Internet," as component-based development and component-centric thinking are increasingly in demand
Through this book, you will learn how to use Angular 2 and its component-based architecture in order to develop modern user interfaces. A new holistic way of thinking about UI development will be established throughout this book, and you will discover the power of Angular 2 components through many examples. This book is based on Release Candidate 1(RC1) of Angular 2.
On this journey, you'll discover the benefits of component-based user interfaces over the classical MVC design. Also, you will get a chance to compare a classical MVC with a component-based approach and understand the challenges of modern user interfaces. You will learn the very basics of the required core technologies and the setup needed to get going with Angular 2, and progressively enhance your understanding of Angular 2 components by working on the example application.
After reading the book and following the example application, you will have built a small-to-mid-sized application with Angular 2 using a component-based UI architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the concept of a component-based UI architecture
* Grasp Angular 2 core concepts
* See the technologies used to work with Angular 2 (mainly ES6)
* Perform basic and advanced tasks using Angular 2 components
* Use dependency injection within Angular 2 components
* Test Angular 2 components with testing frameworks
* Structure an application using Angular 2
* Build an entire application from A to Z using Angular 2
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
He currently works for the start-up company oddEVEN in Zurich, where they help customers build websites and applications. Besides working for oddEVEN, Gion is a head instructor at the SAE Institute in Zurich and loves to get his students enthusiastic about the Web.
He is also the creator of the responsive charting library Chartist, and he loves to contribute to the open source community whenever he finds time.
When Gion is not busy with web technologies, you can probably find him at his home music studio, outdoors, fishing, or spending quality time with his girlfriend and their cute little dog.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Component-Based User Interfaces
2. Ready, Set, Go!
3. Composing with Components
4. No Comments, Please!
5. Component-Based Routing
6. Keeping Up with Activities
7. Components for User Experience
8. Time Will Tell
9. Spaceship Dashboard
10. Making Things Pluggable
11. Putting Things to the Test
12. Task Management Application Source Code « less
Gain the skills required to create fun and compelling games using GameMaker: Studio, and its GML programming language. In this full-color book you’ll learn 24 practical programming elements that are important when creating any game. Each section includes an introduction to a new programming element, more » some examples, a worksheet, and mini projects to allow you to test your new knowledge. After completing all elements, you will put into action what you have learned in a classic arcade style game.
In Practical GameMaker: Studio, you will create a fully featured game, with guidance and in color. After each section you’ll see how you’ll apply what you’ve learned to the final game, and discover additional projects to try. These mini projects include a separate scoring guide, and a working example for each, which is useful if you’re using this book in an educational environment. Similarly, the book also contains a number of assignments, which you may include as part of any associated coursework in your classes.
What You Will Learn
* Use GameMaker: Studio and GameMaker Language (GML) to create games
* Work with GML variables, conditionals, drawing, keyport I/O, objects, and events
* Create GML sprites, health/lives, alarms, collisions, and rooms
* Improve your game with GML backgrounds, sound and music, splash screens and menus, and effects
* Include GML random and AI movements in your game
* Use GML loops, arrays, ds_lists, paths, and scripts
Who This Book Is For
Experienced game developers new to GameMaker or for those with at least some prior exposure or experience with GameMaker: Studio but who are new to GML. « less
Apple Watch represents a new chapter in the way people relate to technology. It’s a device that enables you to communicate in entirely new ways, offers a complete picture of your fitness and health, plays music, installs apps and is a beautiful, precise timepiece. Fitting all this new technology into more » such a small device meant rethinking how software and hardware interact, and introduced a new method of scrolling through content: the Digital Crown. New user interface interactions have also been introduced, including Force Touch and haptic feedback.
This eBook by the expert team at iOS Guides reveals everything you need to know about Apple Watch, from its hardware specifications to the in-built apps that you’ll be using on a day-to-day basis. It’s the perfect buyer’s guide to anyone who wishes to find out more about Apple Watch. « less
Teach yourself how to navigate and use the most unified version of Windows in Microsoft's history, whether it's on your phone, tablet or desktop computer.
In this guide you'll explore...
* Windows 10's new features, menus and utilities
* Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows more » 10
* Navigating Windows 10 using the new start menu, action centre, taskbar and touch screen gestures
* Using the desktop and running applications
* Using Cortana virtual assistant and Microsoft Edge Web Browser
* Using OneDrive
* Backing up your important data with filehistory
* Antivirus and internet safety
* Taking, enhancing and organising your photographs
* Downloading & watching videos
* Downloading & listening to music
* Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & People App
* Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Clear instruction, and easy-to-follow tutorials with illustrated photographs, graphics and screen prints, guide you through the procedures every step of the way.
If you want to get up and running quickly and easily with the new Windows 10, this is the guide you need. « less
Unleash the power of Banana Pi and use it for home automation, games, and various practical applications
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Using Banana Pi, learn how to install and build basic projects from start to end
* Learn all the fundamentals and uses of Banana Pi to build projects in a short amount of time
* A step-by-step practical guide that teaches you how to get up and start running with Banana Pi to start more » working on your own projects
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for anyone who wants to explore Banana Pi and get started building projects on their own using it. No prior experience of working with single board computers is required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Get started with single-board computing by diving deep into the operating system and hardware of Banana Pi
* Interact with the GPIO pins from scripts and code to start programming on the board
* Connect hardware components to the GPIO pins and control them directly from Banana Pi
* Connect Banana Pi devices with your home network to download packages from the Internet
* Link your Banana Pi remotely with other computers via SSH to run as a headless device
* Work with the onboard IR receiver of Banana Pi as well as connect external sensors and interact with them through their code
* Build an Internet radio powered by Banana Pi to stream podcasts and music
* Build and run a home server using Banana Pi to sync files, calendars, and contacts
Banana Pi is a small but powerful ARM board that can run on multiple operating systems. Banana Pi has been adopted by tech-savvy enthusiasts and hobbyists to develop their projects.
This book will take you from opening your Banana Pi's box for the first time all the way to working with hardware and code. We will explore the different configuration options and operating system choices. You'll proceed to working with Banana Pi hooked up to a breadboard and connecting hardware components such as LEDs and motors to the board. Further, you'll build an Internet radio working with an LCD display, interacting with user input, and streaming audio over the Internet. This book also acquaints you with another really popular use of Banana Pi, home servers. Finally, you'll realize the power of the robust hardware of Banana Pi by playing games on Android and Linux.
By the end of this book, you should be familiar with the basics of development using Banana Pi, from installation to building basic projects. « less
Get Up and Running with Your Apple iPad, iPad Air and iPad Mini
Apple’s iPad puts a limitless world of entertainment, communication, and everyday functionality in the palms of your hands. iPad for the Older and Wiser, 4th Edition quickly teaches you how to make the most of your new gadget with easy-to-follow instructions.
Fully updated to include the iPad Air more » and iOS 7, this step-by-step guide shows you exactly how to set up your device and discover what it can do – all in jargon-free language.
Learn how to:
* Set up your iPad and copy music and photos from your computer
* Keep in touch with email and messages
* Browse the web and shop online
* Have video chats with your friends and family
* Discover a digital library of books and magazines
* Use Siri to dictate memos, create and send emails, and answer questions
* Explore new places and get directions with maps
* Take photos and videos and share them with friends
* Enhance your iPad or iPad mini with amazing apps « less
Audio and Music Production
From initial demos to mixing and mastering, seasoned authors Mark Cousins and Russ Hepworth-Sawyer show you how to get the most from Logic Pro X. By exploring the essential workflow and the creative possibilities offered by Logic’s virtual instruments and effects, Logic Pro X: Audio and Music Production more » leads you through the music creation and production process, giving you all the tips and tricks used by the pros to create release-quality recordings.
Using full color screenshots throughout, alongside related boxouts that expand on the key concepts, Logic Pro X: Audio and Music Production is an informative and easy-to-read guide to using Logic Pro X.
Key features include:
Production FAQs – Instructional Walkthroughs and Knowledgebases present information clearly and answer common production–specific problems.
Methods – Professional techniques for recording and editing in Logic Pro X – whether you’re dealing with real musicians or cutting-edge virtual instruments.
Workflow – Use Logic Pro X’s tools and functions in an optimal way.
Website – Access audio examples, samples (Apple Loops), Logic projects, sampler instruments, and instrument patches at www.focalpress.com/cw/cousins
Logic Pro X: Audio and Music Production covers more than just the software; it will help you make the most out of every recording session and will illuminate and inspire your creative and sonic endeavors! « less
Get to grips with the Marmalade SDK to develop games for a wide range of mobile devices, including iOS, Android, and more.
* Easy to follow with lots of tips, examples and diagrams, including a full game project that grows with each chapter
* Build video games for all popular mobile platforms, from a single codebase, using your existing C++ coding knowledge
* Master 2D and 3D graphics techniques, including more » animation of 3D models, to make great looking games
Modern mobile devices are capable of supporting video games of amazing quality but there are so many different devices and platforms how can you support them all? The answer is to use the Marmalade SDK to write your code once and deploy it to all popular mobile platforms at the touch of a button.
Marmalade SDK Mobile Game Development Essentials will provide you with everything you need to know to transfer your existing C++ videogame programming knowledge to mobile devices. From graphics and sound to input methods and actual deployment to device, this book covers the lot.Learn how to make use of keys, touch screen and accelerometer inputs for controlling your game.Take the pain out of supporting a varied range of target devices, both across multiple platforms and multiple specifications.
Step by step from "Hello World" to a complete game, this book will show how to use the Marmalade SDK to develop games for mobile devices.
Learn how to make dazzling 2D and 3D games complete with fully animated characters, music and sound effects that can be deployed to all the leading mobile platforms, whilst ensuring it can run on a wide range of possible devices, from low specification to high end.
If you want to join the exciting world of mobile videogames then Learning Mobile Game Development with Marmalade will show you how to do so, fast!
What you will learn from this book
* See a complete game develop from start to finish as you journey through the book.
* Deploy to several leading mobile platforms all from a single C++ codebase
* Implement amazing 2D and 3D graphics and animation
* Easily manage the graphics, sound and data assets your game requires by using Marmalade’s resource management system
* Best practices when developing user interfaces for mobile games
* Harness the wide range of possible input methods available on modern devices including touch screen and accelerometers
* Learn how to extend the Marmalade SDK to support device specific features using the Extensions Development Kit (EDK
* Support a wide range of devices with different specifications such as processor speed and graphical ability
A practical tutorial that's easy to follow with lots of tips, examples and diagrams, including a full game project that grows with each chapter.
Who this book is written for
This book targets Professional and Indie game developers who want to develop games quickly and easily to run across a huge range of smartphones and tablets. You are expected to have some experience writing games using C++ on other platforms. Its aim is to show how to take your existing skills and apply them to writing games for mobile devices (including iOS and Android) by explaining the use of the Marmalade SDK.
Familiarity with games and 3D graphics programming would be helpful. No knowledge of specific mobile SDKs such as iOS or Android is required. « less