Test your knowledge and prepare for the OCA/OCP exams OCA/OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Practice Tests complements the Sybex OCA: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Study Guide and the OCP: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II Study Guide for exams 1Z0-808 and more » 1ZO-809 by providing last minute review of 100% of exam objectives. Get the advantage of over 1,000 expert crafted questions that not only provide the answer, but also give detailed explanations. You will have access to unique practice questions that cover all 21 objective domains in the OCA/OCP exams in the format you desire--test questions can also be accessed via the Sybex interactive learning environment. Two additional practice exams will ensure that you are ready for exam day. Whether you have studied with Sybex study guides for your OCA/OCP or have used another brand, this is your chance to test your skills.
* Access to all practice questions online with the Sybex interactive learning environment
* Over 1,000 unique practice questions and 2 practice exams include expert explanations
* Covers 100% of all 21 OCA/OCP objective domains for Exams 1Z0-809 and 1Z0-809
Studying the objectives are one thing, but diving deeper and uncovering areas where further attention is needed can increase your chance of exam day success. Full coverage of all domains shows you what to expect on exam day, and accompanying explanations help you pinpoint which objectives deserve another look. « less
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Unique among Java tutorials, A Programmer’s Guide to Java® SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): A Comprehensive Primer combines an integrated, expert introduction to Java SE 8 with comprehensive coverage of Oracle’s new Java SE 8 OCA exam 1Z0-808.
Based on Mughal and Rasmussen’s highly regarded more » guide to the original SCJP Certification, this streamlined volume has been thoroughly revised to reflect major changes in the new Java SE 8 OCA exam. It features an increased focus on analyzing code scenarios and not just individual language constructs, and each exam objective is thoroughly addressed, reflecting the latest Java SE 8 features, API classes, and best practices for effective programming.
Other features include
* Summaries that clearly state what topics to read for each objective of the Java SE 8 OCA exam
* Dozens of exam-relevant review questions with annotated answers
* Programming exercises and solutions to put theory into practice
* A mock exam with realistic questions to find out if you are ready to take the official exam
* An introduction to essential concepts in object-oriented programming (OOP) and functional-style programming
* In-depth coverage of declarations, access control, operators, flow control, OOP techniques, lambda expressions, key API classes, and more
* Program output demonstrating expected results from complete Java programs
* Advice on avoiding common pitfalls in writing Java code and on taking the certification exam
* Extensive use of UML (Unified Modeling Language) for illustration purposes « less
OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Guide prepares you for the 1Z0-808 with complete coverage of the exam. You'll explore important Java topics as you systematically learn what's required to successfully pass the test.
About the Book
To earn the OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification, more » you have to know your Java inside and out, and to pass the exam you need to understand the test itself. This book cracks open the questions, exercises, and expectations you'll face on the OCA exam so you'll be ready and confident on test day.
OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Guide prepares Java developers for the 1Z0-808 with thorough coverage of Java topics typically found on the exam. Each chapter starts with a list of exam objectives mapped to section numbers, followed by sample questions and exercises that reinforce key concepts. You'll learn techniques and concepts in multiple ways, including memorable analogies, diagrams, flowcharts, and lots of well-commented code. You'll also get the scoop on common exam mistakes and ways to avoid traps and pitfalls.
* Covers all exam topics
* Hands-on coding exercises
* Flowcharts, UML diagrams, and other visual aids
* How to avoid built-in traps and pitfalls
* Complete coverage of the OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I exam (1Z0-808)
About the Reader
Written for developers with a working knowledge of Java who want to earn the OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification.
About the Author
Mala Gupta is a Java coach and trainer who holds multiple Java certifications. Since 2006 she has been actively supporting Java certification as a path to career advancement.
Table of Contents
2. Java basics
3. Working with Java data types
4. Methods and encapsulation
5. Selected classes from the Java API and arrays
6. Flow control
7. Working with inheritance
8. Exception handling
9. Full mock exam « less
Complete Exam Preparation
A Complete Study System for OCA/OCP Exams 1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804.
Prepare for the OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I and II exams with this exclusive Oracle Press guide. Chapters feature challenging exercises, a certification summary, a two-minute drill, and a self-test to reinforce the topics presented. more » This authoritative resource helps you pass these exams and also serves as an essential, on-the-job reference. Get complete coverage of all objectives for exams 1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804, including:
* Declarations and access control
* Object orientation
* Strings and arrays
* Flow control and exceptions
* Assertions and Java 7 exceptions
* String processing, data formatting, and resource bundles
* I/O and NIO
* Advanced OO and design patterns
* Generics and collections
* Inner classes
* Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
Electronic content includes:
* 500+ practice exam questions
* Test engine that provides practice exams and customized quizzes by chapter or by exam objective
* Bonus content for the Java 5, Java 6, and OCP 6 Upgrade exams
* PDF copy of the book « less
Full coverage of functional programming and all OCA Java Programmer exam objectives
OCA, Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide, Exam 1Z1-808 is a comprehensive study guide for those taking the Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I exam (1Z1-808). With complete coverage more » of 100% of the exam objectives, this book provides everything you need to know to confidently take the exam. The release of Java 8 brought the language's biggest changes to date, and for the first time, candidates are required to learn functional programming to pass the exam. This study guide has you covered, with thorough functional programming explanation and information on all key topic areas Java programmers need to know. You'll cover Java inside and out, and learn how to apply it efficiently and effectively to create solutions applicable to real-world scenarios.
* Work confidently with operators, conditionals, and loops
* Understand object-oriented design principles and patterns
* Master functional programming fundamentals « less
Exams 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052, and OCP Exam 1Z0-053
Prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate Administration I and SQL Fundamentals I exams and the Oracle Certified Professional Administration II exam with help from this exclusive Oracle Press guide. In each chapter, you'll find challenging exercises, practice questions, and a two-minute drill to highlight more » what you've learned. This authoritative guide will help you pass the test and serve as your essential on-the-job reference. Get complete coverage of all objectives for exams 1Z0-051, 1Z0-052, and 1Z0-053, including:
* Instance management
* Networking and storage
* Oracle Recovery Manager and Oracle Flashback
* Oracle Automatic Storage Management
* Resource manager
* Oracle Scheduler
* Automatic workload repository
* Performance tuning
* Three bonus exams available with free online registration « less
Exams1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052
Candidates for the Oracle Certified Associate in Oracle Database 11g need to pass Exams 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052 to achieve their certification--this guide prepares you for taking both those exams. This two-in-one study guide covers the Oracle Certified Associate certification for Oracle database 11g and more » reviews exam topics such as restricting and sorting data, using conversion functions and conditional expressions, displaying data from multiple tables, and exploring the Oracle database architecture. Plus, you'll learn how to create and maintain an Oracle database, perform database backups and recovery, move and manipulate data, prepare the database environment, and more.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title. « less
Here's the book you need to prepare for Exam 1Z0-031: OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I Study Guide * In-depth coverage of official exam objectives
* Practical information on implementing and managing Oracle9i databases
* Hundreds of challenging review questions, in the book and on the CD
Authoritative more » coverage of all exam objectives, including:
* Understanding Oracle architecture and its main components
* Identifying DBA administrative tools
* Setting up password file authentications
* Creating and managing Initialization Parameter Files
* Configuring OMF
* Create a database using Oracle Database Configuration Assistant
* Creating a database manually
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file. « less