Maximize your Excel experience with VBA Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA is fully updated to cover all the latest tools and tricks of Excel 2016. Encompassing an analysis of Excel application development and a complete introduction to Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), this comprehensive book more » presents all of the techniques you need to develop both large and small Excel applications. Over 800 pages of tips, tricks, and best practices shed light on key topics, such as the Excel interface, file formats, enhanced interactivity with other Office applications, and improved collaboration features. In addition to the procedures, tips, and ideas that will expand your capabilities, this resource provides you with access to over 100 online example Excel workbooks and the Power Utility Pak, found on the Mr. Spreadsheet website.
Understanding how to leverage VBA to improve your Excel programming skills can enhance the quality of deliverables that you produce—and can help you take your career to the next level.
* Explore fully updated content that offers comprehensive coverage through over 900 pages of tips, tricks, and techniques
* Leverage templates and worksheets that put your new knowledge in action, and reinforce the skills introduced in the text
* Access online resources, including the Power Utility Pak, that supplement the content
* Improve your capabilities regarding Excel programming with VBA, unlocking more of your potential in the office
Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA is a fundamental resource for intermediate to advanced users who want to polish their skills regarding spreadsheet applications using VBA. « less
Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online
Modernize your IT skills for the new world of cloud computing!
Whether you are an IT administrator, developer, or architect, cloud technologies are transforming your role. This guide brings together the knowledge you need to transition smoothly to Microsoft Office 365 cloud-only and hybrid environments. more » Microsoft MVP Ben Curry and leading cloud architect Brian Laws present specific, up-to-date guidance on administering key cloud technologies, including Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure AD, and OneDrive for Business.
Microsoft cloud technology experts Ben Curry and Brian Laws show you how to:
* Anticipate and respond to the ways cloud technologies change your responsibilities, such as scripting key management tasks via Windows PowerShell
* Understand today’s new mix of essential “Cloud Pro” skills related to infrastructure, scripting, security, and networking
* Master modern cloud administration for Office 365 cloud and hybrid environments to deliver content and services, any time, on any device, from anywhere, and across organizational boundaries
* Administer and configure SharePoint Online, including services, site collections, and hybrid features
* Help secure client devices via Mobile Device Management for Office 365
* Centrally manage user profiles, groups, apps, and social features
* Bridge Office 365 and on-premises environments to share identities and data
* Enforce governance, security, and compliance « less
Enhance productivity in any Office application with zero programming experience Mastering VBA for Microsoft Office 2016 helps you extend the capabilities of the entire Office suite using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Even if you have no programming experience , you'll be automating routine computing more » processes quickly using the simple, yet powerful VBA programming language. Clear, systematic tutorials walk beginners through the basics, while intermediate and advanced content guides more experienced users toward efficient solutions. This comprehensive guide starts at the beginning to get you acquainted with VBA so you can start recording macros right away. You'll then build upon that foundation to utilize the full capabilities of the language as you use loops and functions, message boxes, input boxes, and dialog boxes to design your own Office automation program. Add-ins, embedded macros, content controls, and more give you advanced tools to enhance productivity, and all instruction is backed by real-world practice projects in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Productivity is the name of the game, and automating certain computing tasks is an easy solution with significant impact for any business. This book shows you how, with step-by-step guidance and expert insight.
* Expand Office 2016 functionality with macros
* Learn how to work with VBA and the entire Office suite
* Create effective code, even with no programing experience
* Understand ActiveX, XML-based files, the developer tab, and more
VBA is designed to be understandable and accessible to beginners, but powerful enough to create specialized business applications. If you're ready to begin exploring the possibilities, Mastering VBA for Microsoft Office 2016 gets you started right away. « less
Master VBA automation quickly and easily to get more out of Excel
Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer, 2nd Edition is the quick-start guide to getting more out of Excel, using Visual Basic for Applications. This unique book/video package has been updated with fifteen new advanced video lessons, providing a more » total of eleven hours of video training and 45 total lessons to teach you the basics and beyond. This self-paced tutorial explains Excel VBA from the ground up, demonstrating with each advancing lesson how you can increase your productivity. Clear, concise, step-by-step instructions are combined with illustrations, code examples, and downloadable workbooks to give you a practical, in-depth learning experience and results that apply to real-world scenarios.
This is your comprehensive guide to becoming a true Excel power user, with multimedia instruction and plenty of hands-on practice.
* Program Excel's newest chart and pivot table object models
* Manipulate the user interface to customize the look and feel of a project
* Utilize message boxes, input boxes, and loops to yield customized logical results
* Interact with and manipulate Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook from Excel
If you're ready to get more out of this incredibly functional program, Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer, 2nd Edition provides the expert instruction and fast, hands-on learning you need. « less
Accessible VBA coding for complex financial modelling How to Implement Market Models Using VBA makes solving complex valuation issues accessible to any financial professional with a taste for mathematics. With a focus on the clarity of code, this practical introductory guide includes chapters on VBA more » fundamentals and essential mathematical techniques, helping readers master the numerical methods to build an algorithm that can be used in a wide range of pricing problems. Coverage includes general algorithms, vanilla instruments, multi-asset instruments, yield curve models, interest rate exotics, and more, guiding readers thoroughly through pricing in the capital markets area.
The companion website (http://implementmodinvba.com/) features additional VBA code and algorithmic techniques, and the interactive blog provides a forum for discussion of code with programmers and financial engineers, giving readers insight into the different applications and customisations possible for even more advanced problem solving. Financial engineers implement models from a mathematical representation of an asset's performance by building a program that performs a valuation of securities based on this asset. How to Implement Market Models Using VBA makes this technical process understandable, with well-explained algorithms, VBA code, and accessible theoretical explanations.
* Decide which numerical method to use in which scenario
* Identify the necessary building blocks of an algorithm
* Write clear, functional VBA code for a variety of problems
* Apply algorithms to different instruments and models
Designed for finance professionals, this book brings more accurate modelling within reach for anyone with interest in the market. For clearer code, patient explanation, and practical instruction, How to Implement Market Models Using VBA is an essential introductory guide. « less
Now in full color!
* Easy lessons for essential tasks
* Big full-color visuals
* Skill-building practice files
The quick way to learn Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote for iPad!
This is learning made easy. Get productive fast with every Office for iPad app--plus OneNote, too! Jump more » in wherever you need answers--brisk lessons and colorful screen shots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
* Quickly create Word documents by tapping, typing, or dictating
* Organize and design professional documents of all kinds
* Visually analyze information in tables, charts, and PivotTables
* Deliver highly effective presentations in PowerPoint straight from your iPad
* Save and send PDFs, with or without Office 365
* Use OneNote to capture and share everything from text to iPad photos « less
Mr. Spreadsheet has done it again with 101 easy-to-apply Excel formulas
101 Ready-to-Use Excel Formulas is filled with the most commonly-used, real-world Excel formulas that can be repurposed and put into action, saving you time and increasing your productivity. Each segment of this book outlines more » a common business or analysis problem that needs to be solved and provides the actual Excel formulas to solve the problem—along with detailed explanation of how the formulas work.
Written in a user-friendly style that relies on a tips and tricks approach, the book details how to perform everyday Excel tasks with confidence. 101 Ready-to-Use Excel Formulas is sure to become your well-thumbed reference to solve your workplace problems. The recipes in the book are structured to first present the problem, then provide the formula solution, and finally show how it works so that it can be customized to fit your needs. The companion website to the book allows readers to easily test the formulas and provides visual confirmation of the concepts presented.
* Teaches you how to implement the required Excel formula
* Explains and details how the formulas work
* Lets you reuse or customize the given formula to address your particular needs
* Helps you make the formulas a regular part of your new, more efficient workflow
Specific real-world scenarios are used to demonstrate how to most effectively apply Excel and its powerful formulas to complete tasks faster and with greater accuracy than ever before. Now you can save time, automate, and be more efficient and productive with 101 Ready-to-Use Excel Formulas. « less
Maximize the power of Excel 2013 formulas with this must-have Excel reference.
John Walkenbach, known as "Mr. Spreadsheet," is a master at deciphering complex technical topics and Excel formulas are no exception. This fully updated book delivers more than 800 pages of Excel 2013 tips, tricks, and more » techniques for creating formulas that calculate, developing custom worksheet functions with VBA, debugging formulas, and much more.
* Demonstrates how to use all the latest features in Excel 2013
* Shows how to create financial formulas and tap into the power of array formulas
* Serves as a guide to using various lookup formulas, working with conditional formatting, and developing custom functions
* Shares proven solutions for handling typical (and not-so-typical) Excel formula challenges
* Includes links to the "Mr. Spreadsheet" website, which contains all the templates and worksheets used in the book, plus access to John Walkenbach's award-winning Power Utility Pak.
From charts to PivotTables and everything in between, Excel 2013 Formulas is your formula for Excel success. « less
The Definitive Guide to Developing Applications Using Microsoft Excel, VBA, and .NET
“As Excel applications become more complex and the Windows development platform more powerful, Excel developers need books like this to help them evolve their solutions to the next level of sophistication. Professional Excel Development is a book for developers who want to build powerful, state-of-the-art more » Excel applications using the latest Microsoft technologies.”
–Gabhan Berry, Program Manager, Excel Programmability, Microsoft
“The first edition of Professional Excel Development is my most-consulted and most-recommended book on Office development. The second edition expands both the depth and range. It shines because it takes every issue one step further than you expect. The book relies on the authors’ current, real-world experience to cover not only how a feature works, but also the practical implications of using it in professional work.”
–Shauna Kelly, Director, Thendara Green
“This book illustrates techniques that will result in well-designed, robust, and maintainable Excel-based applications. The authors’ advice comes from decades of solid experience of designing and building applications. The practicality of the methods is well illustrated by the example timesheet application that is developed step-by-step through the book. Every serious Excel developer should read this and learn from it. I did.”
– Bill Manville, Application Developer, Bill Manville Associates
The Start-to-Finish Guide to Building State-of-the-Art Solutions with Excel 2007
In this book, four world-class Microsoft® Excel developers offer start-to-finish guidance for building powerful, robust, and secure applications with Excel. The authors—three of whom have been honored by Microsoft as Excel Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)—show how to consistently make the right design decisions and make the most of Excel’s most powerful new features. Using their techniques,you can reduce development costs, time to market, and hassle—and build more effective, successful solutions.
Fully updated for Excel 2007, this book starts where other books on Excel programming leave off. Through a hands-on case study project, you’ll discover best practices for planning, architecting, and building Excel applications that are robust, secure, easy to maintain, and highly usable. If you’re a working developer, no other book on Excel programming offers you this much depth, insight, or value.
• Design worksheets that will be more useful and reliable
• Leverage built-in and application-specific add-ins
• Construct applications that behave like independent Windows programs
• Make the most of the new Ribbon user interface
• Create cross-version applications that work with legacy versions of Excel
• Utilize XML within Excel applications
• Understand and use Windows API calls
• Master VBA error handling, debugging, and performance optimization
• Develop applications based on data stored in Access, SQL Server, and other databases
• Build powerful visualization solutions with Excel charting engine
• Learn how to work with VB.NET and leverage its IDE
• Automate Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
• Create managed COM add-ins for Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
• Develop Excel solutions with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO)
• Integrate Excel with Web Services
• Deploy applications more securely and efficiently « less
This book is aimed squarely at Excel users who want to harness the power of the VBA language in their Excel applications. At all times, the VBA language is presented in the context of Excel, not just as a general application programming language. The book is loosely divided into three sections:
* more » Primer (Chapter 1)
* Working with Specific Objects (Chapters 2-27)
* Object Model References (Appendices A-C)
The Primer has been written for those who are new to VBA programming and the Excel object model. It introduces the VBA language and the features of the language that are common to all VBA applications. It explains the relationship between collections, objects, properties, methods, and events and shows how to relate these concepts to Excel through its object model. It also shows how to use the Visual Basic Editor and its multitude of tools, including how to obtain help.
The middle section of the book takes the key objects in Excel and shows, through many practical examples, how to go about working with those objects. The techniques presented have been developed through the exchange of ideas of many talented Excel VBA programmers over many years and show the best way to gain access to workbooks, worksheets, charts, ranges, and so on. The emphasis is on efficiency--that is, how to write code that is readable and easy to maintain and that runs at maximum speed. In addition, the chapters devoted to accessing external databases detail techniques for accessing data in a range of formats.
The final four chapters of the book address the following advanced issues: linking Excel to the Internet, writing code for international compatibility, programming the Visual Basic Editor, and how to use the functions in the Win32 API (Windows 32-bit Application Programming Interface). Finally, the appendices are a comprehensive reference to the Excel 2007 object model, as well as the Visual Basic Editor and Office object models. All the objects in the models are presented together with all their properties, methods, and events. « less