From Setting Up Simple Spreadsheets to Business Forecasting
OpenOffice Calc is the most powerful and widespread open source spreadsheet application in existence. It is the only real alternative to Excel. Jacek Artymiak is widely regarded as the authority on OpenOffice Calc. He takes you, step by step, from the interface and handling Calc files to working with more » data sources small and large. Artymiak then extends the reader's skillset to data visualization, writing complex formulas and performing statistical analysis. Beginning OpenOffice Calc allows you to gain confidence in the considered use of statistical formulas, but does not assume familiarity with another spreadsheet application. « less
From Novice to Professional
If you want to fly with OpenOffice 3.0, publish to your local wiki, create web presentations, or add maps to your documents, Beginning OpenOffice 3 is the book for you. You will arm yourself with OpenOffice.org 3.0 tools, from creating wiki docs to automating complex design steps. OpenOffice has been more » downloaded almost 100 million times, and this is the book that explains why.
* You learn how to adopt OpenOffice 3.0 innovations.
* You see how to work across Windows, OS X, Google, and the Web, no matter what the format.
* Mail merges and wiki docs will never seem so simple. « less
* Uses the straightforward For Dummies style to show Linux and Windows users how to use the OpenOffice.org desktop productivity suite
* OpenOffice.org has a user interface and feature set similar to that of other office suites and works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of more » Microsoft Office
* Explains how to download, install, and set up both the Linux and Windows versions of OpenOffice.org
* Organized by the four key desktop applications provided in the OpenOffice.org suite: Writer (word processing), Calc (spreadsheets), Impress (presentations), and Draw (graphics)
* Other topics covered include creating and formatting documents with Writer, using templates and styles, creating spreadsheets with Calc, manipulating spreadsheet data, creating a presentation with Impress, and creating and editing images with Draw « less