* Master the skills of configuring, managing, and securing your VPN using the latest OpenVPN
* Gain expertise in establishing IPv6 connections and understand PolarSSL using the latest version of OpenVPN
* This book contains enticing recipes about OpenVPN functionalities that cater to more » mission critical applications
OpenVPN provides an extensible VPN framework that has been designed to ease site-specific customization, such as providing the capability to distribute a customized installation package to clients, and supporting alternative authentication methods via OpenVPN's plugin module interface.
This book provides you with many different recipes to help you set up, monitor, and troubleshoot an OpenVPN network. You will learn to configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm that can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients. You will also get to grips with the encryption, authentication, security, extensibility, and certifications features of OpenSSL.
You will also get an understanding of IPv6 support and will get a demonstration of how to establish a connection via IPv64. This book will explore all the advanced features of OpenVPN and even some undocumented options, covering all the common network setups such as point-to-point networks and multi-client TUN-style and TAP-style networks. Finally, you will learn to manage, secure, and troubleshoot your virtual private networks using OpenVPN 2.4.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Determine the best type of OpenVPN setup for your networking needs
* Get to grips with the encryption, authentication, and certifications features of OpenSSL
* Integrate an OpenVPN server into the local IT infrastructure with the scripting features of OpenVPN
* Ease the integration of Windows clients into the VPN using Windows-specific client-side configuration
* Understand the authentication plugins for PAM and LDAP
* Get to know the difference between TUN-style and TAP-style networks and when to use what
* Troubleshoot your VPN setup
* Establish a connection via IPv6 along with demonstrations « less
* This is the first book on the market that resolves your issues related to troubleshooting OpenVPN
* Ensure your organization's private network is protected 24x7 by resolving OpenVPN issues instantly
* Save time and costs by troubleshooting to reduce the impact on your business
BOOK more » DESCRIPTION
OpenVPN, the most widely used open source VPN package, allows you to create a secure network across systems, keeping your private data secure. Connectivity and other issues are a pain to deal with, especially if they are impacting your business. This book will help you resolve the issues faced by OpenVPN users and teach the techniques on how to troubleshoot it like a true expert. This book is a one stop solution for troubleshooting any issue related to OpenVPN.
We will start by introducing you to troubleshooting techniques such as Packet Sniffing, Log Parsing, and OpenSSL. You will see how to overcome operating system specific errors. Later on, you will get to know about network and routing errors by exploring the concepts of IPv4 and IPv6 networking issues. You will discover how to overcome these issues to improve the performance of your OpenVPN deployment.
By the end of the book, you will know the best practices, tips, and tricks to ensure the smooth running of your OpenVPN.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Diagnose and remediate authentication and authorization problems in OpenVPN
* Overcome simple network and startup script errors
* Learn OpenVPN log file format and verbosity options
* Resolve operating system-specific errors
* Discover various troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems in OpenVPN
* Improve performance « less
Master building and integrating secure private networks using OpenVPN
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Discover how to configure and set up a secure OpenVPN
* Enhance user experience by using multiple authentication methods
* Delve into better reporting, monitoring, logging, and control with OpenVPN
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are familiar with TCP/IP networking and general system more » administration, then this book is ideal for you. Some knowledge and understanding of core elements and applications related to Virtual Private Networking is assumed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Identify different VPN protocols (IPSec, PPTP, OpenVPN)
* Build your own PKI and manage certificates
* Deploy your VPN on various devices like PCs, mobile phones, tablets, and more
* Differentiate between the routed and bridged network
* Enhance your VPN with monitoring and logging
* Authenticate against third-party databases like LDAP or the Unix password file
* Troubleshoot an OpenVPN setup that is not performing correctly
Security on the internet is increasingly vital to both businesses and individuals. Encrypting network traffic using Virtual Private Networks is one method to enhance security. The internet, corporate, and “free internet” networks grow more hostile every day. OpenVPN, the most widely used open source VPN package, allows you to create a secure network across these systems, keeping your private data secure. The main advantage of using OpenVPN is its portability, which allows it to be embedded into several systems.
This book is an advanced guide that will help you build secure Virtual Private Networks using OpenVPN. You will begin your journey with an exploration of OpenVPN, while discussing its modes of operation, its clients, its secret keys, and their format types. You will explore PKI: its setting up and working, PAM authentication, and MTU troubleshooting. Next, client-server mode is discussed, the most commonly used deployment model, and you will learn about the two modes of operation using "tun" and "tap" devices.
The book then progresses to more advanced concepts, such as deployment scenarios in tun devices which will include integration with back-end authentication, and securing your OpenVPN server using iptables, scripting, plugins, and using OpenVPN on mobile devices and networks.
Finally, you will discover the strengths and weaknesses of the current OpenVPN implementation, understand the future directions of OpenVPN, and delve into the troubleshooting techniques for OpenVPN.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build secure private networks across the internet and hostile networks with confidence.
STYLE AND APPROACH
An easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide to building secure Virtual Private Networks using OpenVPN. A progressively complex VPN design is developed with the help of examples. More advanced topics are covered in each chapter, with subjects grouped according to their complexity, as well as their utility. « less
Set of recipes covering the whole range of tasks for working with OpenVPN. The quickest way to solve your OpenVPN problems! Set up, configure, troubleshoot and tune OpenVPN. Uncover advanced features of OpenVPN and even some undocumented options.
Build and integrate Virtual Private Networks using
This book is an easy introduction to OpenVPN. While providing only necessary theoretical background, it takes a practical approach, presenting plenty of examples. It is written in a friendly style making this complex topic easy and a joy to read. It first covers basic VPN concepts, then moves to introduce more » basic OpenVPN configurations, before covering advanced uses of OpenVPN. This book is for both experienced and new OpenVPN users. If you are interested in security and privacy in the internet, or want to have your notebook or mobile phone connected safely to the internet, the server in your company, or at home, you will find this book useful. It presumes basic knowledge of Linux, but no knowledge of VPNs is required. « less
Learn how to build secure VPNs using this powerful Open Source application
This book is a comprehensive guide to using OpenVPN for building both secure VPNs. The book is written in a very friendly style that makes this complex topic easy and a joy to read. It first covers basic VPN concepts, then moves to introduce basic OpenVPN configurations, before covering advanced uses more » of OpenVPN. This book is for both experienced and new OpenVPN users. Network administrators and any one who is interested in building secure VPNs using OpenVPN. It presumes basic knowledge of Linux, but no knowledge of VPNs is required. All basic VPN and relevant security concepts are covered. « less