Whether you're upgrading from a previous version or using it for the very first time, this book will guide you through Microsoft Office 2016 one step at a time, to help you understand the software more quickly and easily!
* Great for beginners, a basic computing class, or as an update.
* Systematic, more » visual approach to help you quickly master Microsoft Office
* Plenty of full color, illustrated screenshots and photographs to help you
Updated for the new Office 2016 Suite, and in full color, here's what you'll learn...
* Office 2016, Office 365 and the cloud
* Purchasing, Downloading and Installing Microsoft Office 2016
* Using Office Online Apps, Sway, Docs, Office Mix, Office Lens, Mail, People and Calendar
* Using OneDrive cloud storage and basic file management
* Using Word to build professional looking documents utilizing templates, paragraph styles, text formatting and images
* Using Excel to build and format spreadsheets. Learn to enter, manipulate and analyse your data
* Using PowerPoint to create presentations with text, graphics, audio/video, animations and transitions
* Setup and present confidently with tablets, laptops and projectors
* Getting started with Microsoft Outlook 2016; keeping in touch with friends, family and colleagues
* Getting started with Microsoft Access 2016; creating tables, forms, reports and queries
* Getting started with OneNote 2016 to hand-write notes, add graphics
* Learn to record audio/video and take photos to complement your OneNote 2016 notebooks as well as type notes
* and more...
Techniques are illustrated systematically using photography and screen prints throughout, together with clear, concise and easy to follow text from an established expert in the field.Whether you are new to Microsoft Office 2016, upgrading, or an experienced user needing an update, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations, and equip you with the skills needed to use Microsoft Office 2016 effectively and productively. « less
Infrastructure, Technology, and Solutions
What exactly is smart grid? Why is it receiving so much attention? What are utilities, vendors, and regulators doing about it? Answering these questions and more, Smart Grids: Infrastructure, Technology, and Solutions gives readers a clearer understanding of the drivers and infrastructure of one of the more » most talked-about topics in the electric utility market—smart grid. This book brings together the knowledge and views of a vast array of experts and leaders in their respective fields.
* Describes the impetus for change in the electric utility industry
* Discusses the business drivers, benefits, and market outlook of the smart grid initiative
* Examines the technical framework of enabling technologies and smart solutions
* Identifies the role of technology developments and coordinated standards in smart grid, including various initiatives and organizations helping to drive the smart grid effort
* Presents both current technologies and forward-looking ideas on new technologies
* Discusses barriers and critical factors for a successful smart grid from a utility, regulatory, and consumer perspective
* Summarizes recent smart grid initiatives around the world
* Discusses the outlook of the drivers and technologies for the next-generation smart grid
Smart grid is defined not in terms of what it is, but what it achieves and the benefits it brings to the utility, consumer, society, and environment. Exploring the current situation and future challenges, the book provides a global perspective on how the smart grid integrates twenty-first-century technology with the twentieth-century power grid.
CRC Press Authors Speak
Stuart Borlase speaks about his book. Watch the video « less
This Microsoft Outlook 2013, Exam 77-423 is the only Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) textbook. This series includes a complete classroom instructional program. This Outlook 2013 text is mapped to the Outlook 2013 certification exam objectives and is designed to re-enforce workforce skills. more » With this book students learn to format message content by using character and paragraph formatting, use graphic elements such as charts and tables, and create contact records, tasks, and appointments from incoming messages. They create contact groups, schedule meetings, and share schedules to facilitate communication with other Outlook users and much more. Outlook 2013 certification can help students with classwork and differentiate job hunters in today’s competitive job market. « less
MASTER MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT 2010
In How to Do Everything: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Stephen Cawood--a former member of the SharePoint development team--explains how to get the most out of this powerful business collaboration platform. Learn how to use document management functions, wikis, taxonomy, more » blogs, My Sites, web parts, and more. Take full advantage of the content management, enterprise search, collaboration, and information-sharing capabilities of SharePoint 2010 with help from this practical guide.
* Set up a SharePoint site
* Add documents, use the SharePoint content approval workflow, and work with document versioning features
* Collaborate with others during discussion boards, blogs, wikis, events, surveys, calendars, and workspaces
* Use social tagging to create a folksonomy of keywords
* Create a taxonomy hierarchy using Enterprise Managed Metadata
* Build publishing sites, My Sites, and public-facing websites
* Show data on pages using web parts
* Customize lists, forms, site themes, and navigation
* Use SharePoint with client applications, including Microsoft Office Backstage, Outlook, InfoPath, SharePoint Designer, and third-party applications « less