The bestselling Project+ preparation guide, updated for the latest exam The CompTIA Project+ Study Guide, Second Edition is your comprehensive resource for taking Exam PK0-004. With 100% coverage of all exam objectives, bolstered by real-world scenarios and the Sybex interactive learning environment, more » this book gives you everything you need to approach the exam with confidence. Detailed explanations and superior study tools cover and reinforce setup, initiation, planning, execution, delivery, change, control, communication, and closure, and the author Kim Heldman's twenty-five years of project management experience provide deep insight into real-world applications. Study tools include access to two bonus practice exams, allowing you to focus on areas you need further review, and electronic flashcards provide last minute review on key concepts.
The Project+ exam is a first step into the complex world of project management, and serves as a springboard to the Project Management Institute's (PMI) PMP certification. This study guide helps you build the knowledge you need to be confident on exam day.
* Review 100 percent of the Project+ exam objectives
* Understand the real-world applications of each concept
* Gain expert insight drawn from real-world experience
* Access online practice exams, electronic flashcards, and more
Every industry needs people who know how to deliver successful project outcomes. The Project+ exam parallels the PMI's A Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK© Guide), so this smart study guide gives you a solid foundation for additional project management training and certification. The CompTIA Project+ Study Guide, Second Edition combines industry-leading expertise with Sybex resources to help you successfully begin your project management journey. « less
Students learn to master the most proven methods in project management as well as exciting new techniques emerging from current industry and today's most recent research with Kloppenborg's CONTEMPORARY PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 3E. This text introduces time-tested manual techniques and progressive automated more » techniques, all consistent with the latest PMBOK Guide and integrated with Microsoft Project 2013. The book's focused approach is ideal for building strong portfolios that showcase project management skills for future interviews. All content is consistent with the knowledge areas and processes of the fifth edition of the PMBOK Guide to give students an advantage in becoming Certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) if they choose. « less
A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam
Learn the latest principles and certification objectives in The PMBOK Guide, Fourth Edition, in a unique and inspiring way with Head First PMP . The second edition of this book helps you prepare for the PMP certification exam using a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works. You'll more » find a full-length sample exam included inside the book.
More than just proof of passing a test, a PMP certification means that you have the knowledge to solve most common project problems. But studying for a difficult four-hour exam on project management isn't easy, even for experienced project managers. Drawing on the latest research in neurobiology, cognitive science, and learning theory, Head First PMP offers you a multi-sensory experience that helps the material stick, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep. « less
A Beginner's Guide
Essential Project Management Skills--Made Easy!
This accessible guide bridges the gap between being a project manager and becoming a globally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP). Covering the latest PMP exam content from the Project Management Institute (PMI), the book explains PMI's more » worldwide standard methods, nine knowledge areas, and 42 processes. You'll learn proven strategies for improving project efficiency and effectiveness, balancing constraints, communicating timely and accurate project status, and successfully bringing a project to completion. A real-world case study that's followed throughout the book provides helpful examples, checklists, and proven project results.
Designed for Easy Learning:
* Key Skills & Concepts--Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
* Ask the Expert--Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
* Try This--Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
* Notes--Extra information related to the topic being covered
* Tips--Helpful reminders to help you prepare for the PMP exam « less
A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam
* "I have been doing project management for over 30 years and am considered a subject matter expert in the PMBOK(r) Guide -Third Edition primarily because I am the Project Manager who led the team that developed this edition. As a consultant I was hired to review and evaluate eight of more » the top selling PMP Exam Preparation books for their accuracy in following the PMBOK® Guide - Third Edition. I have developed and taught a PMP Exam Prep course for a leading R.E.P., and taught PMP Exam preparation classes for PMI Chapters. I can honestly say that Head First PMP is by far the best PMP Exam Preparation book of all I have reviewed in depth. It is the very best basic education and training book that I have read that presents the processes for managing a project, which makes it a great resource for a basic project management class for beginners as well as a tool for practitioners who want to pass the PMP exam. The graphical story format is unique, as project management books go, which makes it both fun and easy to read while driving home the basics that are necessary for preparing someone is just getting started and those who want to take the exam."
--Dennis Bolles, PMP DLB Associates, LLC and co-author of The Power of Enterprise-Wide Project Management
* "This looks like too much fun to be a PMP study guide! Behind the quirky humor and nutty graphics lies an excellent explanation of the project management processes. Not only will this book make it easier to pass the exam, you'll learn a lot of good stuff to use on the job too."
--Carol Steuer, PMP and PMBOK(r) Guide, 3rd Edition Leadership Team
* "This is the best thing to happen to PMP since, well, ever. You'll laugh,learn, pass the exam, and become a better project manager all at the sametime."
-- Scott Berkun, author of The Art of Project Management and The Myths of Innovation
* "Original, fresh, and fun... this is truly the perfect study companion for anyone aiming for PMP certification."
--Teresa Simmermacher, PMP and Project Manager at Avanade
* "I love this format! Head First PMP covers everything you need to know to pass your PMP exam. The sound-bite format combined with the whimsical images turns a dry subject into entertainment. The organization starts with the basics then drills into the details. The in-depth coverage of complex topics like Earned Value and Quality Control are presented in an easy to understand format with descriptions, pictures, and examples. This book will not only help you pass the PMP, it should be used as an daily reference for practicing project managers. I sure wish I had this when I was studying for the exam."
--Mike Jenkins, PMP, MBA
* "I think that under the fonts and formalized goofiness, the book has a good heart (intending to cover basic principles in an honest way rather than just to pass the test). Head First PMP attempts to educate potential project managers instead of being a mere "how to pass the PMP exam" book filled with test taking tips. This is truly something which sets it apart from the other PMP certification exam books."
--Jack Dahlgren, Project Management Consultant
* "Head First PMP is a great tool to help make sense of the Project Management Body of Knowledge for the everyday Project Manager."
--Mark Poinelli, PMP
About the Book
A PMP certification is more than just passing a test. It means that you have the knowledge to solve most common project problems, and proves that you know your stuff. Once you're certified, your projects are more likely to succeed because you have the skills and knowledge to make them successful. Not only that, it can mean a better job, more money, and greater respect from your peers.
But studying for a difficult four-hour exam on project management isn't easy, even for experienced project managers. You want to remember everything that you're learning about project management, but your brain is working against you! Your brain craves novelty, and most PMP certification prep books are anything but novel. When you keep putting down a boring book instead of studying, it's because your brain doesn't think the information in it is worth learning. Your brain has more important stuff to think about, like how to keep you alive and out of danger-and it doesn't think that failing the PMP exam qualifies as life-threatening!
So how do you trick your brain into thinking that your life does depend on learning everything you need to know to pass the PMP Exam? Head First PMP is the answer! Using the latest research in neurobiology, cognitive science and learning theory, Head First PMP has a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works-a multi-sensory experience that helps the material stick, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
Head First PMP offers 100% coverage of The PMBOK® Guide principles and certification objectives in a way that's engaging, not tedious. This book helps you prepare for the PMP certification exam with a unique method that goes beyond answers to specific questions and makes you think about the big picture of project management. By putting project management concepts into context, you will be able to understand, remember, and apply them-not just on the exam, but also on the job.
With Head First PMP, you get the best of both worlds: a thorough and effective preparation guide for the PMP certification exam with hundreds of practice questions and exam strategies, along with puzzles, games, problems, exercises and the unique Head First approach that makes learning easy and entertaining. When you're done with Head First PMP, you'll know your stuff, you'll pass the exam, and you'll be able to bring everything you've learned to your job. « less