Develop professional enterprise Java EE applications quickly and easily with this popular IDE
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Use the features of the popular NetBeans IDE to accelerate your development of Java EE applications
* Covers the latest versions of the major Java EE APIs such as JSF 2.2, EJB 3.2, JPA 2.1, CDI 1.1, and JAX-RS 2.0
* Walks you through the development of applications utilizing popular more » JSF component libraries such as PrimeFaces, RichFaces, and ICEfaces
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is aimed at Java developers who wish to develop Java EE applications while taking advantage of NetBeans functionality to automate repetitive tasks. Familiarity with NetBeans or Java EE is not assumed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Develop Java web applications by leveraging NetBeans' functionality
* Build standard JSF applications by taking advantage of NetBeans' features
* Develop aesthetically pleasing JSF web applications by leveraging JSF component libraries
* Integrate NetBeans with a third-party RDBMS
* Quickly and easily develop applications taking advantage of the Java Persistence API
* Take advantage of NetBeans' functionality to easily develop Enterprise JavaBeans, including configuring transaction management via annotations
* Utilize NetBeans to easily add messaging functionality to enterprise applications, through the Java Messaging Service API and through message-driven EJBs
* Develop SOAP-based and RESTful web services using NetBeans, including exposing EJBs' functionality as web services
NetBeans has several features that greatly simplify Java EE development, but with many features and great flexibility, Java developers can become overwhelmed by the options available in NetBeans.
Java EE 7 Development with NetBeans 8 takes you through the most important parts of Java EE programming and shows you how to use the features of NetBeans that will improve your development experience through clear, careful instructions and screenshots. This book will take you through the major Java EE APIs and how to get them working in the NetBeans environment.
This is a practical guide that covers how to leverage NetBeans 8 functionality to quickly and easily develop enterprise applications compliant with the Java EE 7 standard. « less
Get your JSF-based projects up and running with this easy-to-implement guide on PrimeFaces
PrimeFaces is a lightweight UI component framework for JSF based applications. PrimeFaces is very easy to use because it comes as a single JAR file and requires no mandatory XML configuration. It provides more than 100 UI Components and an in-built AJAX support. It also provides theme support for UI more » components with more than 30 themes out-of-the-box. With PrimeFaces, developers can create rich user interfaces very easily.
PrimeFaces Beginners Guide is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with clear step-by-step exercises,that will help you to learn and explore the features of PrimeFaces.
PrimeFaces Beginners Guide starts by showing you how to install PrimeFaces, create sample forms, and perform validations and then looks at various commonly used PrimeFaces utility components. Next, you will look into various basic text input components like form controls, Calendar, AutoComplete, and Rich Text Editor. Then you will learn about advanced UI components such as DataTables, panels, menus,and charts. Throughout the chapters we will be building a sample web application using PrimeFaces progressively that will give you a hands-on experience on using PrimeFaces effectively.
You will learn how to create complex layouts using accordion panels, tab views, sophisticated menu navigations, breadcrumbs and much more. You will also learn how to display data using DataTable with pagination, filters, and lazy loading, and how to export data to Excel or PDF features. You will learn how to represent data in various formats like trees, charts, and TagCloud. You will also learn how to build an application supporting multiple themes. « less