Master Proxmox VE to effectively implement server virtualization technology within your network
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
* Walk through every aspect of visualization using Proxmox, from a basic cluster to complex multi-cluster setups
* A practical, scenario-based guide featuring best practices which more » will show you everything you need to know to tackle any Proxmox cluster
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you already know what the word "virtualization" means and you are ready to stand out from the crowd equipped with the unique ability to design and implement a rock-solid virtualized network environment using Proxmox, then you have just picked up the only book you will need. Linux system administration experience together with knowledge of networking and virtualization concepts is assumed. This book is also useful if you are already using Proxmox and simply want to master its advanced features.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
* Configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup
* Set up virtual environments of any size
* Set up scalable, distributed shared storage systems using Ceph
* Analyze real-world virtual environment scenarios and formulate Proxmox-based solutions
* Monitor resources and virtual machines to maintain performance and uptime
* Troubleshoot a virtual environment based on real-life scenarios
Proxmox is an open source virtualization management solution for servers. This book starts by guiding you through how to set up your very first Proxmox virtualization platform with minimal configuration.
The book will then make you familiar with the Proxmox GUI and the directory structure. We will then take a look at the shared storage system that Proxmox supports and its pros and cons. As we move on, you will learn how to configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup as well as how networking is handled.
Setting up a Proxmox cluster in a production environment with minimum downtime will also be explained. Towards the end of the book, you will also learn about troubleshooting by looking at real-life problems.
We will also look at how to tackle the day-to-day challenges of an administrator managing Proxmox clusters. « less
Introduce, design, and implement high availability clusters using Proxmox
With the help of an easy-to-use tool provided by Proxmox, users can easily improve their service by building up their own cluster. Proxmox is open source and combines two virtualization technologies (KVM- and container-based) under one platform, offering maximum flexibility for building virtual environments.
This more » book starts with the basics and provides you with some background knowledge of server virtualization and then shows you the differences between other types of virtualization software, such as VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and so on, versus Proxmox. By the end of this book, you will have a strong idea on how to plan, design, implement, and test your own cluster with a high level of availability.
This book adopts a step-by-step, easy-to-follow approach and demonstrates a high availability cluster with brief descriptions and useful explanations on important topics. « less