Over 60 applicable recipes to administer and manage System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Overcome the challenges of administering System Center Configuration Manager when deploying single and multiple-hierarchy sites
* Help your organization to build a custom-line of business apps and also protect the server against malware threats with Endpoint protection
* Get easy more » guidance and best practices to help you work with SCCM
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are an intermediate to advanced administrator who wants to administer SCCM and understand how to solve particular problems/scenarios, then this book is for you. You should have a working knowledge of SCCM, however, knowledge of the latest version is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Administer System Center Configuration Manager
* Upgrade computers from Windows 7/ 8.x to Windows 10, using Serivce Plans to keep Windows 10 machines up to date
* Manage Compliance Settings effectively and monitor it with SSRS
* Manage Sites in System Center Configuration Manager and also learn to create collections, leverage role-based administration (RBA), and support clients over the internet without a VPN connection
* Implement multiple methods to deploy the client, as well as how to be proactive in monitoring client agent health
* Achieve Mobile device management with Microsoft Intune
This practical cookbook is based on the 1602 current branch of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). It shows you how to administer SCCM, giving you an essential toolbox of techniques to solve real-world scenarios. Packed with over 60 task-based and instantly usable recipes, you’ll discover how design a SCCM Infrastructure, and dive into topics such as the recommended SQL configuration for SCCM and how to deploy Windows 10 with Operating System Deployment (OSD).
You will learn to easily manage Windows 10 devices by deploying applications, software updates, and feature upgrades, andl be able to leverage Mobile Device Management (MDM) using SCCM and Microsoft Intune. Finally, you see how to gather the inventory of all your PC park and create reports based on it. By the end of the book, you will have learned the best practices when working with SCCM and have a handy reference guide for troubleshooting.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This cookbook is full of quick recipes that show you how to administer SCCM and will help you understand how to solve particular problems/situations encountered in day-to-day tasks. « less
Efficiently administer, automate, and manage System Center environments using Windows PowerShell
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Create powerful automation scripts for System Center products using PowerShell
* Discover PowerShell techniques to efficiently handle SCCM, SCOM, and SCSM with real-time examples and sample codes
* A step-by-step guide with practical examples and best practices that teaches you to more » effectively use PowerShell in System Center environment.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a Microsoft System Center administrator who manages System Center environments and utilizes the console for management, then this book is ideal for you. This book is also for System Center users who now want to learn to manage systems using PowerShell.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Set up an environment to effectively use PowerShell for SCCM, SCOM, and SCSM
* Understand the advanced usage of all the available cmdlets with real-time examples
* Administer and maintain a System Center environment with PowerShell
* Create both simple and advanced functions for different cmdlets with PowerShell
* Get an insight into real-time System Center applications that you can automate using PowerShell
* Get to grips with scenario-based scripting for efficient System Center administration and maintenance
* Discover PowerShell tricks and best practices
Microsoft PowerShell as a scripting language has been growing strongly over the last couple of years. It has given administrators and IT professionals much more control when managing and implementing tasks within System Center environments. System Center facilitates the configuring, monitoring, and managing of the components of a private cloud. It covers products such as SCCM, SCOM, SCSM, SCVMM, and so on.
Starting with an introduction to PowerShell, this quick reference guide will enable you to get the most out of the latest Microsoft PowerShell techniques to manage the suite of System Center products. You will also get acquainted with the enhancements in the latest version of System Center automation with real-time examples.
By the end of this book, you will have the confidence to create a variety of PowerShell scripts and efficiently administer and maintain your System Center environment with PowerShell. « less
Invaluable coverage on all aspects of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Completely updated for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, this comprehensive book provides intermediate and advanced coverage of all aspects of the product, including planning and installation, migrating from more » previous versions of Configuration Manager, deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring and troubleshooting, and automating and customizing.
* Provides numerous real-world scenarios to show you how to use the tool in various contexts
* Explores planning and installation and migrating from SCCM 2007
* Walks you through deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring, and troubleshooting
* Demonstrates automating and customizing SCCM 2012 with scripts
This essential book provides you with all the information you need to get savvy with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. « less