* Learn how to use the MVVM software architectural pattern and see the benefits of using it with Windows Presentation Fountain (WPF) * Explore various ways to enhance efficiency through performance tuning and UI automation
* Obtain a deep understanding of data validation and understand more » various methods that suit different situations
Windows Presentation Foundation is rich in possibilities when it comes to delivering an excellent user experience. This book will show you how to build professional-grade applications that look great and work smoothly. We start by providing you with a foundation of knowledge to improve your workflow - this includes teaching you how to build the base layer of the application, which will support all that comes after it. We’ll also cover the useful details of data binding. Next, we cover the user interface and show you how to get the most out of the built-in and custom WPF controls. The final section of the book demonstrates ways to polish your applications, from adding practical animations and data validation to improving application performance. The book ends with a tutorial on how to deploy your applications and outlines potential ways to apply your new-found knowledge so you can put it to use right away. The book also covers 2D and 3D graphics, UI automation, and performance tuning.
What you will learn
* Use MVVM to improve workflow
* Create visually stunning user interfaces
* Perform data binds proficiently Implement advanced data validation
* Locate and resolve errors quickly
* Master practical animations Improve your applications’ performance
About the Author
Sheridan Yuen is a Microsoft .NET MCTS and Oracle Java SCJP certified software developer, living in London, England. His passion for coding made him stand out from the crowd right from the start. From his second year onward at university, he was employed to be a teaching assistant for the first year student coding « less
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Unique among Java tutorials, A Programmer’s Guide to Java® SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): A Comprehensive Primer combines an integrated, expert introduction to Java SE 8 with comprehensive coverage of Oracle’s new Java SE 8 OCA exam 1Z0-808.
Based on Mughal and Rasmussen’s highly regarded more » guide to the original SCJP Certification, this streamlined volume has been thoroughly revised to reflect major changes in the new Java SE 8 OCA exam. It features an increased focus on analyzing code scenarios and not just individual language constructs, and each exam objective is thoroughly addressed, reflecting the latest Java SE 8 features, API classes, and best practices for effective programming.
Other features include
* Summaries that clearly state what topics to read for each objective of the Java SE 8 OCA exam
* Dozens of exam-relevant review questions with annotated answers
* Programming exercises and solutions to put theory into practice
* A mock exam with realistic questions to find out if you are ready to take the official exam
* An introduction to essential concepts in object-oriented programming (OOP) and functional-style programming
* In-depth coverage of declarations, access control, operators, flow control, OOP techniques, lambda expressions, key API classes, and more
* Program output demonstrating expected results from complete Java programs
* Advice on avoiding common pitfalls in writing Java code and on taking the certification exam
* Extensive use of UML (Unified Modeling Language) for illustration purposes « less
DON'T LET THE REAL TEST BE YOUR FIRST TEST!
Written by two of the lead developers of the Java SE Programmer Exam, OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams is filled with more than 260 realistic practice questions to prepare you for this challenging exam. To help you understand this material, in-depth more » explanations of both the correct and incorrect answers are included for every question. This practical guide covers all official objectives for Exam 310-065 and is the perfect companion to SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Study Guide.
Covers all OCP Java SE 6 Programmer exam topics, including:
* Declarations and Access Control
* Object Orientation
* Flow Control, Exceptions, and Assertions
* Strings, I/O, Formatting, and Parsing
* Generics and Collections
* Inner Classes
* Development « less
The Best Fully Integrated Study System Available--Written by the Lead Developers of Exam 310-065
With hundreds of practice questions and hands-on exercises, SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Study Guide covers what you need to know--and shows you how to prepare--for this challenging exam.
* more » 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for exam 310-065
* Exam Objective Highlights in every chapter point out certification objectives to ensure you're focused on passing the exam
* Exam Watch sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
* Simulated exam questions match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
Covers all SCJP exam topics, including:
Declarations and Access Control · Object Orientation · Assignments · Operators · Flow Control, Exceptions, and Assertions · Strings, I/O, Formatting, and Parsing · Generics and Collections · Inner Classes · Threads · Development
* Complete MasterExam practice testing engine, featuring: Two full practice exams; Detailed answers with explanations; Score Report performance assessment tool
* Electronic book for studying on the go
* Bonus coverage of the SCJD exam included!
Bonus downloadable MasterExam practice test with free online registration. « less