Completely updated for System Center Configuration Manager, this comprehensive book provides intermediate and advanced coverage of all aspects of the product, including planning and installation, migrating from previous versions of Configuration Manager, deploying software and operating systems, security, more » monitoring and troubleshooting, and automating and customizing.
The authors take a hands-on approach by providing many real-world scenarios to show readers how to use the tool in various contexts. This anchors the conceptual explanations in practical application. « less
Over 31 simple yet incredibly effective recipes for installing and managing System Center 2016 Endpoint Protection
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* This is the most practical and up-to-date book covering important new features of System Center 2016 Endpoint protection
* Gain confidence in managing IT and protecting your server against malware and other threats
* Configure and automate reporting features and also prepare yourself more » for a simple and pain-free migration process
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a System Administrator or Engineer using System Center 2016 Endpoint Protection, then this book is for you. You should have a good background with Microsoft products in general, although no knowledge of Endpoint Protection is required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Explore the best practices for Endpoint Protection in System Center Configuration Manager
* Provision the Endpoint Protection Client in a Disk Image in Configuration Manager
* Get to know more about the Security Center
* Configure definition and engine client updates to be optimum for your bandwidth
* Make your application or server work with Endpoint Protection enabled
* Find out how to deal with typical issues that may occur with Endpoint Protection
* Know how to respond to infections that often occur
System Center Configuration Manager is now used by over 70% of all the business in the world today and many have taken advantage engaging the System Center Endpoint Protection within that great product.
Through this book, you will gain knowledge about System Center Endpoint Protection, and see how to work with it from System Center Configuration Manager from an objective perspective.
We'll show you several tips, tricks, and recipes to not only help you understand and resolve your daily challenges, but hopefully enhance the security level of your business.
Different scenarios will be covered, such as planning and setting up Endpoint Protection, daily operations and maintenance tips, configuring Endpoint Protection for different servers and applications, as well as workstation computers. You'll also see how to deal with malware and infected systems that are discovered. You'll find out how perform OS deployment, Bitlocker, and Applocker, and discover what to do if there is an attack or outbreak.
You'll find out how to ensure good control and reporting, and great defense against threats and malware software. You'll see the huge benefits when dealing with application deployments, and get to grips with OS deployments, software updates, and disk encryption such as Bitlocker. By the end, you will be fully aware of the benefits of the System Center 2016 Endpoint Protection anti-malware product, ready to ensure your business is watertight against any threat you could face.
STYLE AND APPROACH
Build robust SCEP and AV policies and discover the new potential of exciting new features of SCEP 2016. « less
Over 60 applicable recipes to administer and manage System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Overcome the challenges of administering System Center Configuration Manager when deploying single and multiple-hierarchy sites
* Help your organization to build a custom-line of business apps and also protect the server against malware threats with Endpoint protection
* Get easy more » guidance and best practices to help you work with SCCM
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are an intermediate to advanced administrator who wants to administer SCCM and understand how to solve particular problems/scenarios, then this book is for you. You should have a working knowledge of SCCM, however, knowledge of the latest version is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Administer System Center Configuration Manager
* Upgrade computers from Windows 7/ 8.x to Windows 10, using Serivce Plans to keep Windows 10 machines up to date
* Manage Compliance Settings effectively and monitor it with SSRS
* Manage Sites in System Center Configuration Manager and also learn to create collections, leverage role-based administration (RBA), and support clients over the internet without a VPN connection
* Implement multiple methods to deploy the client, as well as how to be proactive in monitoring client agent health
* Achieve Mobile device management with Microsoft Intune
This practical cookbook is based on the 1602 current branch of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). It shows you how to administer SCCM, giving you an essential toolbox of techniques to solve real-world scenarios. Packed with over 60 task-based and instantly usable recipes, you’ll discover how design a SCCM Infrastructure, and dive into topics such as the recommended SQL configuration for SCCM and how to deploy Windows 10 with Operating System Deployment (OSD).
You will learn to easily manage Windows 10 devices by deploying applications, software updates, and feature upgrades, andl be able to leverage Mobile Device Management (MDM) using SCCM and Microsoft Intune. Finally, you see how to gather the inventory of all your PC park and create reports based on it. By the end of the book, you will have learned the best practices when working with SCCM and have a handy reference guide for troubleshooting.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This cookbook is full of quick recipes that show you how to administer SCCM and will help you understand how to solve particular problems/situations encountered in day-to-day tasks. « less
This book helps you understand, troubleshoot and repair issues with local Windows installations, automating the OS deployment and configuring updates via WSUS and Windows Intune. When tasked with deploying Windows operating systems, there can seem to be an overwhelming amount of tools and techniques more » to learn to master this process. Whether you are installing a new Windows operating system locally, or looking to deploy a customized build to 1000s of devices in your network, you will need to understand how to do this successfully and reliably. This book steps up through local installations and upgrades through to Lite Touch deployments using WDS and MDT, and then to Zero Touch installations using Microsoft System Center. Management of updates to Windows is also covered, using both on-premises technologies and cloud-based services. In this book you’ll learn how to decide between local installation types, perform upgrades, use automation techniques to deploy images and how to maintain Windows throughout the operational phase of the lifecycle.
What You'll Learn * How to install Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 locally
* How to perform upgrades locally on a Windows PC, including migrating data and user profiles
* How to deploy operating systems using Lite Touch techniques
* How to deploy operating systems using Zero Touch technologies
* How to maintain on-premises and devices not connected to the company network by using WSUS and Windows Intune
Who This Book Is For
IT pros including IT support personnel and system administrators. This book will also be of interest to Windows experts and power users. « less
NOTE: This title is also available as a free eBook. It is offered for sale in print format as a convenience.
Get a head start evaluating System Center 2012 R2 - with technical insights from a Microsoft MVP and members of the System Center product team. This guide introduces new features and capabilities, more » with scenario-based advice on how the platform can meet the needs of your business. Get the high-level overview you need to begin preparing your deployment now.
Preview new features and enhancements, including:
* Virtual Machine Manager
* App Controller
* Configuration Manager
* Data Protection Manager
* Operations Manager
* Service Manager
* Orchestrator « less
Invaluable coverage on all aspects of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Completely updated for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, this comprehensive book provides intermediate and advanced coverage of all aspects of the product, including planning and installation, migrating from more » previous versions of Configuration Manager, deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring and troubleshooting, and automating and customizing.
* Provides numerous real-world scenarios to show you how to use the tool in various contexts
* Explores planning and installation and migrating from SCCM 2007
* Walks you through deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring, and troubleshooting
* Demonstrates automating and customizing SCCM 2012 with scripts
This essential book provides you with all the information you need to get savvy with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. « less
Master how to configure, back up, and secure access to System Center Configuration Manager with this practical guide
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is a powerful system management product that helps IT administrators perform better asset and organization management by grouping them into logical containers. These logical containers allow you to perform application deployments and software and security more » updates in no time.
Mastering System Center Configuration Manager explains the Configuration Manager architecture, hierarchy, and components, as well as how to use them. It also provides advanced-level content on how to set up System Center Configuration Manager and integrate it with an existing system. You will also find information on deploying applications, creating client settings, and integrating Configuration Manager with Windows Azure to utilize its full power. At the end of the book, you will learn how to troubleshoot issues with SCCM 2012 R2 on the server side and also on the client side. « less
Conquer Microsoft Office 365 administration—from the inside out!
Dive into Office 365 administration—and really put your systems expertise to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle deployment, more » configuration, and management—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
* Simplify enterprise deployment with planning tools and tasks
* Automate Office 365 processes with Windows PowerShell
* Manage user identity with Active Directory and Single Sign-On
* Monitor and maintain the health of Office 365 with Microsoft System Center
* Implement Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online
* Control variables in an Exchange Server hybrid implementation
* Customize and deploy Office 365 Professional Plus
* Explore real-world scenarios and apply insider management tips
For Intermediate to Advanced IT Professionals « less
For Windows, Exchange 2007, and MOM V3
This Cookbook by Windows PowerShell team developer Lee Holmes provides hundreds of tested scripts that you can use right away to get Microsoft's new tool working for you. More than 150 recipes, combined with a concise task-based introduction to the Windows PowerShell scripting language and environment, more » make it the perfect look-up guide when you encounter a thorny problem, or need a quick solution. The ideal companion to any tutorial or reference, this book meets the needs of system administrators at any level.
Microsoft has revolutionized the world of system management and command-line shells with its release of Windows PowerShell, and Lee Holmes gives you practical tools and inside advice that will make you a more productive user and administrator. You will be able to solve everything from automating routine tasks, working with files, event logs and other forms of structured data, to managing the users and resources of complex Windows networks. Each recipe includes a focused piece of code plus discussion of how and why it works, so that you can apply the solution to similar tasks.
You get an array of recipes covering PowerShell fundamentals, common tasks, and administrator tasks, including:
* Pipelines, variables, objects, looping and flow control, strings and unstructured text, calculations and math
* Simple files; structured files; Internet-enabled scripts; code reuse; lists, arrays and hashtables; user feedback; error management; environmental awareness; script signing; and more
* Files and directories, registry manipulation, comparing data, event logs, process cmdlets, service cmdlets, Active Directory, enterprise computer management, and more
Those who administer Microsoft's Exchange 2007 and System Center Operations Manager (formerly MOM) will also benefit from this book, with separate chapters devoted to these servers. All Windows administrators will appreciate the appendices that include a PowerShell language quick reference, and a reference to the .NET, WMI and COM objects that PowerShell scripters will use often.
With working scripts, tutorials, and references all in one volume, Windows PowerShell Cookbook will turbocharge the productivity of any Windows administrator. « less