* Focus on coding with the new, improved, and powerful tools of VS 2017
* Master improved debugging and unit testing support capabilities
* Accelerate cloud development with the built-in Azure tools
Visual Studio 2017 is the all-new IDE released by Microsoft for developers, more » targeting Microsoft and other platforms to build stunning Windows and web apps. Learning how to effectively use this technology can enhance your productivity while simplifying your most common tasks, allowing you more time to focus on your project. With this book, you will learn not only what VS2017 offers, but also what it takes to put it to work for your projects.
Visual Studio 2017 is packed with improvements that increase productivity, and this book will get you started with the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2017 IDE and C# 7.0. Next, you will learn to use XAML tools to build classic WPF apps, and UWP tools to build apps targeting Windows 10. Later, you will learn about .NET Core and then explore NuGet, the package manager for the Microsoft development platform. Then, you will familiarize yourself with the debugging and live unit testing techniques that comes with the IDE. Finally, you'll adapt Microsoft's implementation of cloud computing with Azure, and the Visual Studio integration with Source Control repositories.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Learn what's new in the Visual Studio 2017 IDE, C# 7.0, and how it will help developers to improve their productivity
* Learn the workloads and components of the new installation wizard and how to use the online and offline installer
* Build stunning Windows apps using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) tools
* Get familiar with .NET Core and learn how to build apps targeting this new framework
* Explore everything about NuGet packages
* Debug and test your applications using Visual Studio 2017
* Accelerate cloud development with Microsoft Azure
* Integrate Visual Studio with most popular source control repositories, such as TFS and GitHub
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kunal Chowdhury has been a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2010, starting with Silverlight to Windows app development. He is also a renowned public speaker, active blogger (by passion), and a software engineer (senior/technical lead) by profession. Over the years, he has acquired profound knowledge on various Microsoft products and helped developers throughout the world with his deep knowledge and experience.
As a technical buff, Kunal has in-depth knowledge of OOPs, C#, XAML, .NET, WPF, UWP, Visual Studio, Windows 10 and Microsoft Azure. He is also proficient in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Scrum methodology. He has written many articles, tips & tricks on his technical blog (kunal-chowdhury) for developers and consumers.
You can contact Kunal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow him on Twitter at @kunal2383 and become a part of his major fans on social media channels for the updates that he shares over there.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What’s new in Visual Studio 2017 IDE?
2. What's new in C# 7.0?
3. Building applications for Windows using XAML Tools
4. Building applications for Windows 10 using UWP Tools
5. Building application with .NET Core
6. Managing NuGet packages
7. Debugging applications with Visual Studio 2017
8. Testing applications with Visual Studio 2017
9. Accelerate cloud development with Windows Azure
10. Working with source controls « less
Learn how to customize TFS and create useful plugins for your organization
Team Foundation Server offers you the benefit of having all your data in one system with all tools tightly integrated with each other, making it easier for teams to work together. Knowing how to customize the Team Foundation Server is very useful as well as powerful. Having the knowledge and applying more » it to TFS can save users many hours as well as make it easier to understand the data in TFS for reporting purposes.
This book will show you how to customize various TFS features in order to create an enhanced experience for your users and improve their productivity. You will create custom controls that will be used in client applications and inside the web access. Next, you will learn how to embed a web page inside your work items to display rich information linked to the work items you are opening.
This book will show you how to modify a team's process template, and then slowly get to grips with some C# code and create a scheduled job.
Customizing Team Foundation Server 2013 is one of the best methods you can use to provide rich data for reporting in TFS.
What you will learn from this book
* Create and modify pieces of the TFS Process template
* Customize the dashboard of teams with useful information
* Extend the task and portfolio boards with meaningful information
* Develop custom controls that change the way users interact with data
* Make server plugins that will help add some business rule validation to TFS Check ins and work item data changes
* Implement scheduled jobs that will enforce advanced business rules based on a schedule
* Extend the build process to cater to more complex builds
* Reference external services as part of a build to provide awareness of new binaries
This book utilizes a tutorial based approach, focused on the practical customization of key features of the Team Foundation Server for collaborative enterprise software projects.
Who this book is written for
This practical guide is intended for those who want to extend TFS. This book is for intermediate users who have an understanding of TFS, and basic coding skills will be required for the more complex customizations. « less