Source code is one of the biggest assets of a software company. However if not maintained well, it can become a big liability. As source code becomes larger. more complex and accessed via the cloud, maintaining code quality becomes even more challenging. The author provides straightforward tools and advice on how to manage code quality in this new environment.
Roslyn exposes a set of APIs which allow developers to parse their C# and VB.NET code and drastically lower the barrier to entry for Meta programming in .NET. Roslyn has a dedicated set of APIs for creating custom refactoring for integrating with Visual Studio.
What You Will Learn
* Understand the Roslyn Syntax API
* Use Data Visualization techniques to assist code analysis process visually
* Code health monitoring matrices (from the standard of Code Query Language)
* Code mining techniques to identify design patterns used in source code
* Code forensics techniques to identify probable author of a given source code
* Techniques to identify duplicate/near duplicate code
Who This Book is For
.NET Software Developers and Architects « less
Create and deploy complete solutions with WCF and Entity Framework
This book will teach you all the essentials to develop WCF services using Entity Framework as the backend. You will be guided right through the creation of six WCF and Entity Framework solutions.
You will start off by creating, implementing, and hosting a basic HelloWorld WCF Service followed by deploying more » the service and publishing it to IIS. Next, you will learn how to create and test a layered service, and then enhance it further by adding a data access layer and exception handling. Next, you will be introduced to LINQ. Starting with the basics, you will then dive into the advanced concepts and features of LINQ to Entities, including Entity Framework, deferred execution, querying a view, and mapping a procedure. Finally, you will get to grips with the RESTful WCF services and security. « less
This book is the most comprehensive and up to date introduction to ASP.NET ever written. Focusing solely on Visual Basic, with no code samples duplicated in other languages, award winning author Matthew MacDonald introduces you to the very latest thinking and best practices for the ASP.NET 4.5 technology.
Assuming more » no prior coding experience, you'll be taught everything you need to know from the ground up. Starting from first principals, you'll learn the skills you need to be an effective ASP.NET developer who is ready to progress to more sophisticated projects and professional work.
You'll be taught how to use object orientation and code-behind techniques to lay out your code clearly in a way other developers can easily understand. You'll learn how to query databases from within you web pages, spice up your layouts using ASP.NET AJAX and deploy your finished websites to production servers. You'll also learn how to debug your code when things go wrong and the performance and scalability issues that can affect your web projects as they grow.
With this book you can take your first steps towards becoming a successful ASP.NET developer with confidence. « less
Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010
If you want to learn the fundamentals of programming, don't get bogged down with pages of technical jargon that most books on the market offer! No previous Visual Studio experience required for CLEARLY VISUAL BASIC: PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2010, 2E by the best-selling author, Diane Zak. more » This innovative text is designed for a first course in programming teaching the basics through visualization and application. Using the most recent version of the software, Visual Basic 2010, beginners will learn solid programming principles and knowledge that is easily transferable to other languages. « less
The Definitive Guide to Developing Applications Using Microsoft Excel, VBA, and .NET
“As Excel applications become more complex and the Windows development platform more powerful, Excel developers need books like this to help them evolve their solutions to the next level of sophistication. Professional Excel Development is a book for developers who want to build powerful, state-of-the-art more » Excel applications using the latest Microsoft technologies.”
–Gabhan Berry, Program Manager, Excel Programmability, Microsoft
“The first edition of Professional Excel Development is my most-consulted and most-recommended book on Office development. The second edition expands both the depth and range. It shines because it takes every issue one step further than you expect. The book relies on the authors’ current, real-world experience to cover not only how a feature works, but also the practical implications of using it in professional work.”
–Shauna Kelly, Director, Thendara Green
“This book illustrates techniques that will result in well-designed, robust, and maintainable Excel-based applications. The authors’ advice comes from decades of solid experience of designing and building applications. The practicality of the methods is well illustrated by the example timesheet application that is developed step-by-step through the book. Every serious Excel developer should read this and learn from it. I did.”
– Bill Manville, Application Developer, Bill Manville Associates
The Start-to-Finish Guide to Building State-of-the-Art Solutions with Excel 2007
In this book, four world-class Microsoft® Excel developers offer start-to-finish guidance for building powerful, robust, and secure applications with Excel. The authors—three of whom have been honored by Microsoft as Excel Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)—show how to consistently make the right design decisions and make the most of Excel’s most powerful new features. Using their techniques,you can reduce development costs, time to market, and hassle—and build more effective, successful solutions.
Fully updated for Excel 2007, this book starts where other books on Excel programming leave off. Through a hands-on case study project, you’ll discover best practices for planning, architecting, and building Excel applications that are robust, secure, easy to maintain, and highly usable. If you’re a working developer, no other book on Excel programming offers you this much depth, insight, or value.
• Design worksheets that will be more useful and reliable
• Leverage built-in and application-specific add-ins
• Construct applications that behave like independent Windows programs
• Make the most of the new Ribbon user interface
• Create cross-version applications that work with legacy versions of Excel
• Utilize XML within Excel applications
• Understand and use Windows API calls
• Master VBA error handling, debugging, and performance optimization
• Develop applications based on data stored in Access, SQL Server, and other databases
• Build powerful visualization solutions with Excel charting engine
• Learn how to work with VB.NET and leverage its IDE
• Automate Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
• Create managed COM add-ins for Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
• Develop Excel solutions with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO)
• Integrate Excel with Web Services
• Deploy applications more securely and efficiently « less
C# & Visual Basic .NET
The purpose of this book is to provide tools to design and implement network-orientated applications in .NET. It is also a guide for software designers to choose the best and most efficient way to implement mission critical solutions. The book addresses real-world issues facing professional developers, more » such as using third-party components as opposed in-house development. It differentiates itself from existing .NET publications because it is aimed at experienced professionals and concentrates on practical, ready-to-use information. The book is written in two languages C# and VB.NET, and covers never-before published information on Telephony in .NET and packet-level networking.
This is the second book in the Digital Press Software Development Series.
· Coverage of lower level protocols allows implementation of performance-centric applications
· Demonstrates the feasibility of developing telephony solutions in-house rather than outsourcing
· Written in VB.NET and C# to assist readers working in either language
· Coverage of Email, FTP and the WWW allows implementation of applications in all three areas « less
Building Adaptable Applications
* Explains through case studies how design patterns can improve the design of the individual tiers in an application.
* Shows how design patterns can be used in conjunction with .NET Remoting across the tiers in an application.
* The emphasis throughout is on how design patterns can be used in real more » applications to write more robust and flexible code. « less
Visual Basic has long been the language of choice when designing Windows-based applications and the Web. Touted as both the most popular and productive computing language, Visual Basic has amassed quite a following of devoted programmers, and is a sought after programming skill. With the introduction more » of .NET Enterprise, Microsoft launch VB.NET, offering a streamlined, simplified version of Visual Basic language. With increased power, scalability, functionality and reliability, VB.NET is positioned to be the most productive tool in a programmer's toolbox.
VB.NET Developer's Guide is written for previous Visual Basic Programmers looking to harness the power of the new features and functionality incorporated in Visual Basic.NET.
Timely coverage of newly released product which Visual Basic users will be eager to learn
VB.NET Developer's Guide is one of the first comprehensive reference for programmers and developers anxious to learn about the new technology
You can take it with you. The book comes with Syngress' revolutionary Wallet CD containing a printable HTML version of the book, all of the source code examples and demos of popular VB to VB.NET upgrade and programming tools « less