* Learn how you can automate your data center operations and deploy and manage applications and services across your public, private, and hybrid infrastructure in minutes
* Drive great business results with cost-effective solutions without compromising on ease, security, and controls
* more » Transform your business processes and operations in a way that delivers any application, anywhere, with complete peace of mind
VMware offers the industry-leading software-defined data center (SDDC) architecture that combines compute, storage, networking, and management offerings into a single unified platform. This book uses the most up-to-date, cutting-edge VMware products to help you deliver a complete unified hybrid cloud experience within your infrastructure.
It will help you build a unified hybrid cloud based on SDDC architecture and practices to deliver a fully virtualized infrastructure with cost-effective IT outcomes. In the process, you will use some of the most advanced VMware products such as VSphere, VCloud, and NSX.
You will learn how to use vSphere virtualization in a software-defined approach, which will help you to achieve a fully-virtualized infrastructure and to extend this infrastructure for compute, network, and storage-related data center services. You will also learn how to use EVO:RAIL. Next, you will see how to provision applications and IT services on private clouds or IaaS with seamless accessibility and mobility across the hybrid environment.
This book will ensure you develop an SDDC approach for your datacenter that fulfills your organization's needs and tremendously boosts your agility and flexibility. It will also teach you how to draft, design, and deploy toolsets and software to automate your datacenter and speed up IT delivery to meet your lines of businesses demands. At the end, you will build unified hybrid clouds that dramatically boost your IT outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand and optimize end-to-end processes in your data center
* Translate IT processes and business needs into a technical design
* Apply and create vRO workflow automation functionalities to services
* Deploy NSX in a virtual environment
* Technically accomplish DevOps offerings
* Set up and use vROPs to master the SDDC resource demands
* Troubleshoot all the components of SDDC
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Valentin Hamburger was working at VMware for more than seven years. In his former role, he was a lead consulting architect and took care of the delivery and architecture of cloud projects in central EMEA. In his current role, he is EMEA solutions lead for VMware at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS). Furthermore he works as an advisor with HDS engineering on the Hitachi Enterprise Cloud, which is based on VMware vRealize technology. He holds many industry certifications in various areas such as VMware, Linux, and IBM Power compute environments. He serves as a partner and trusted advisor to HDS customers primarily in EMEA. His main responsibilities are ensuring that HDS's future innovations align with essential customer needs and translating customer challenges to opportunities focused on virtualization topics. Valentin enjoys sharing his knowledge as a speaker at national and international conferences such as VMworld.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The Software-Defined Data Center
2. Identify Automation and Standardization Opportunities
3. VMware vSphere: The SDDC Foundation
4. SDDC Design Considerations
5. VMware vRealize Automation
6. vRealize Orchestrator
7. Service Catalog Creation
8. Network Virtualization using NSX
9. DevOps Considerations
10. Capacity Management with vRealize Operations
11. Troubleshooting and Monitoring
12. Continuous Improvement « less
Learn to leverage the power of PowerCLI to automate your VMware vSphere environment with ease
About This Book This is first book on the market that will enlighten you on the latest version of PowerCLI and how to implement it Effectively manage virtual machines, networks, and reports with the latest features of PowerCLI A comprehensive and practical book on automating VMware vSphere
Who This more » Book Is For
This book is ideal for you if you want to learn how to automate your VMware vSphere or vCloud infrastructure by getting the most out of PowerCLI. It’s assumed that you have some experience in administrating a vSphere or vCloud environment. Knowledge of Microsoft’s Windows PowerShell is not a prerequisite.
What You Will Learn
- Explore PowerShell and PowerCLI cmdlets and their output objects
- See how to manage virtual machines and work with virtual networks
- Manage vCloud Director from PowerCLI
- Use Site Recovery Manager from PowerCLI to create a disaster recovery solution
- Manage NSX and vRealize Automation using REST API with PowerCLI
- Create and configure vSphere HA and DRS clusters
- Use vSphere Update Manager with PowerCLI to create patch baselines and scan hosts
- Explore reporting techniques to retrieve log files
VMware vSphere PowerCLI, a free extension to Microsoft Windows PowerShell, enables you to automate the management of a VMware vSphere or vCloud environment. This book will show you how to automate your tasks and make your job easier. Starting with an introduction to the basics of PowerCLI, the book will teach you how to manage your vSphere and vCloud infrastructure from the command line. To help you manage a vSphere host overall, you will learn how to manage vSphere ESXi hosts, host profiles, host services, host firewall, and deploy and upgrade ESXi hosts using Image Builder and Auto Deploy. The next chapter will not only teach you how to create datastore and datastore clusters, but you’ll also work « less
Learn how to virtualize your network and discover the full potential of a Software Defined Data Center. A smarter way to use network resources begins here
* Experience the dynamism and flexibility of a virtualized software defined data center with NSX
* Find out how to design your network infrastructure based on what your organization needs
* From security to automation, discover how NSX’s impressive range of features can unlock a more more » effective and intelligent approach to system administration
VMware NSX is at the forefront of the software-defined networking revolution. It makes it even easier for organizations to unlock the full benefits of a software-defined data center – scalability, flexibility – while adding in vital security and automation features to keep any sysadmin happy. Software alone won’t power your business – with NSX you can use it more effectively than ever before, optimizing your resources and reducing costs.
Getting started should be easy – this guide makes sure it is. It takes you through the core components of NSX, demonstrating how to set it up, customize it within your current network architecture. You’ll learn the principles of effective design, as well as some things you may need to take into consideration when you’re creating your virtual networks. We’ll also show you how to construct and maintain virtual networks, and how to deal with any tricky situations and failures.
By the end, you’ll be confident you can deliver, scale and secure an exemplary virtualized network with NSX.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Deep dive into NSX-v Manager, Controller deployment, and design decisions
* Get to know the strategies needed to make decisions on each mode of VXLAN that is based on physical network design
* Deploy Edge Gateway and leverage all the gateway features and design decisions
* Get to grips with NSX-v Security features and automate security
* Leverage Cross VC, identify the benefits, and work through a few deployment scenarios
* Troubleshoot an NSX-v to isolate problems and identify solutions through a step-by-step process
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sreejith.C is a solution consultant at the Mannai corporation based out of Qatar. He specializes in storage, virtualization, private, public, hybrid cloud, and SDN. He determines customer requirements and designs VMware Cloud-based solution architectures spanning VMware’s product portfolio from the vCloud Suite to meet the functional and business requirements of various sizes of organisation, and across verticals. He holds various advanced and professional certifications: VCAP-CIA,VCAP 55-DCV,CCNA-DC, VCP-NV, VCP-CLOUD-5/6, VCP- 6/5/4, EMC-ISA, EMCISA-V2, EMCIE, and MCTS-AD2008. He has instructed multiple candidates on EMC and VMware technologies on a wide range of products such as Symmetrix, VMAX, vCloud Director, VCNS, NSX, and vCloud Air. He enjoys speaking at customer forums by sharing his ideas and also participates in VMware Community forums. You can contact him on LinkedIn ID at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sreejith-c/44/b3/a2a
Sreejith is married to Sthuthi and they are blessed with a beautiful daughter called Naomi.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction to Network Virtualization
2. NSX Architecture
3. NSX Manager Installation and Configuration
4. NSX Virtual Networks and Logical Router
5. NSX Edge Services
6. NSX Security Features
7. NSX Cross vCenter
8. NSX Troubleshooting « less
Leverage VMware's latest public cloud offering to build an efficient hybrid cloud infrastructure for your business
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Create, deploy, and manage virtualized workloads on a public cloud platform using VMware vCloud Air
* Dive into the world of VMware vCloud and discover the key best practices and steps to perform disaster recovery using vCloud Air
* Monitor and automate your vCloud Air infrastructure more » using the VMware vRealize suite of products
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for cloud engineers or administrators who wish to explore and gain hands-on experience of VMware vCloud Air. To make the most of this book, it would be beneficial to have a bit of familiarity with basic VMware vCloud concepts, but no prior experience is required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Get to know cloud computing in detail: its features, benefits, and uses
* Explore the key features and functionalities of VMware vCloud Air
* Create and deploy your own virtual infrastructure on a public cloud
* Connect your workloads securely to internal and external networks
* Secure your infrastructure using firewalls and security policies
* Safeguard and protect your workloads using top of the line disaster recovery solutions
* Monitor and explore various aspects of VMware vCloud Air using the VMware vRealize suite of products
* Design a secure infrastructure on VMware vCloud Air with the help of tips and best practices
VMware vCloud Air is a cloud offering by VMware that provides you with the flexibility and agility to create and manage your virtualized workloads with ease on a VMware-backed cloud platform.
This book starts off by providing you with a few key features and benefits of cloud computing, along with some interesting real-world use cases. You'll walk through how to integrate your vCloud Air with either an on-premise VMware-based private cloud or a different public cloud provider. Next, you'll explore the performance and workloads of your vCloud Air instance using VMware vRealize Operations Manager. Finally, you'll also learn how to leverage vCloud Air's Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering. « less
Unleash the performance, availability, and workload efficiency of your virtual data center using this fast-paced guide
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Explore methodologies that are applied during the Initial, Planning, Analysis, and Design phases of a vSphere implementation
* Familiarize yourself with planning, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing vSphere solutions with ease
* Seamlessly configure and deploy vSphere with the more » help of easy-to-follow examples in this fast-paced guide
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a VMware beginner, VMware engineer, VMware SME, or VMware architect, then this is the book for you. A basic understanding of virtualization is a prerequisite.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Identify key factors related to vSphere design and apply them to every step of the design process
* Familiarize yourself with the procedures and practices to be followed while designing VMware vSphere
* Choose the right storage protocol depending on your infrastructure needs
* Evaluate and design a multitenant environment to address both private cloud and public cloud business needs
* Estimate storage to accommodate IOPS, data explosion, disaster recovery, and on demand provisioning
* Create professional vSphere design documentation to ensure a successful implementation of the vSphere design
* Map the logical resource design into the physical vSphere design
* Analyze requirements for a better network design
vSphere allows you to transform your IT infrastructure into a private cloud, then bridge it to public clouds on demand, delivering an IT infrastructure as an easily accessible service.
This book is a fast-paced guide that enables you to explore and harness the vast potential of VMware vSphere. The book begins by providing you with a rapid introduction to VMware vSphere architecture and the major considerations for VMware vSphere design. Beginning with the essentials of VMware vSphere, it will get you started with VMware ESXi host, cluster, vCenter and patterns that are required to be applied while designing your VMware vSphere. As you progress through the chapters, you will learn about analyzing the key components that are needed for a network.
By the end of the book, you will have also learned about the major factors influencing vCloud needs and have finalized the requirements for designing a vCloud. « less