* See the latest best practice Salesforce administration principles, gain real-world advice, and understand critical design considerations to set up and customize Salesforce CRM
* This is a pragmatic guide to the key functions of customizing and setting up the application for enterprise more » security, user and data management, process automation, analytics, and mobile features
* Step-by-step navigation and descriptions of the features of Salesforce CRM platform and clear guidance on the customization and administration of the application
* Identify what is covered to create your own improved study guide for the certified administrator examination
Salesforce CRM's winter '17 release offers a host of new features for Customer Relationship Management designed to transform your sales and marketing requirements. With this comprehensive guide to implementing Salesforce CRM, administrators of all levels can easily acquire deep knowledge of the platform. The book begins by guiding you through setting up users and the security settings and then progresses to configuration, data management, and data analytics. We swiftly move on to the setting up of organization-wide features that affect the look and feel of the application. Process automation and approval mechanisms are covered next, along with the functional areas of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Salesforce Chatter. This book details Salesforce CRM system administration in a practical way and is an invaluable reference for both new administrators and experienced professionals.
At the end of the book, techniques to further enhance the system and improve the return on investment Salesforce mobile apps and mobile administration are covered, along with Salesforce Adoption Manager and. Every chapter is complete with a section containing example questions of the type that you might encounter in the certification examination.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Manage and administer user records and password policies
* Configure and control the various organization-wide user interface features in Salesforce CRM
* Set up and maintain users, profiles, and permission sets and administer appropriate security and login access mechanisms
* Apply organization security
* Understand the capabilities of the Salesforce CRM sharing model
* Create, delete, and customize fields, page layout, and list views for custom and standard objects
* Find out how Apex and Visualforce coding can be used in Salesforce CRM
* Implement the mechanisms for data management
* Discover the tools to import, update, transfer, and mass delete data « less
A Practical Guide to Model-Driven Development on the Force.com Platform
Learn how to build logic into your apps by configuring Salesforce.com Lightning Process Builder and Visual Workflow software tools to meet the needs of your organization without the use of code. You will be able to build workflow diagrams on the Salesforce.com platform and perform complex logic. Individuals more » who have created workflow diagrams in other applications (e.g., Microsoft Visio) will feel very comfortable using these two tools from Salesforce.
If you find yourself in a situation where a standard Salesforce configuration does not meet your needs, you can always rely on a developer to extend the functionality through Visualforce and Apex code. What if you could take back that control and not rely on a developer or consultant? With two new technologies―Process Builder and Visual Workflow―introduced onto the Salesforce.com platform, you can accomplish much of what was normally handled with Apex code.
Lightning Process Builder and Visual workflow both allow for advanced logic that standard configuration such as Salesforce.com Workflow cannot do. Salesforce.comLightningProcess Builder and Visual Workflow details how these technologies can be used to:
* Create a call center application that guides operators through a call with screens that change based on the caller’s responses.
* Automatically submit approvals to speed up and streamline your business.
* Update related records for any object being modified, including standard and custom objects. « less
A comprehensive guide for the setup, configuration, and customization of Salesforce CRM
Salesforce CRM is a web-based Customer Relationship Management Service designed to transform your marketing and sales. With this complete guide to implementing the service, administrators of all levels can easily acquire deep knowledge of the platform.
* Updated for Spring '13, this book more » covers best practice administration principles, real-world experience, and critical design considerations for setting up and customizing Salesforce CRM
* Analyze data within Salesforce by using reports, dashboards, custom reports, and report builder
* A step-by-step guide offering clear guidance for the customization and administration of the Salesforce CRM application
* Connect users with people and share business information using Salesforce Chatter
* Learn to extend the functionality of the Salesforce CRM application through the use of the platform and technologies such as Visualforce
* Improve the user experience of users in Salesforce CRM by providing additional functionality using external applications from the AppExchange
Salesforce CRM: The Definitive Admin Handbook is the complete guide to implementing Salesforce CRM. Whether you are looking to enhance the core features or you have already started customizing your Salesforce CRM system and are looking for guidance on advanced features. This book will show you how to get maximum benefit from this exciting product.
Salesforce CRM is a market-leading customer relationship management (CRM) application that is accessed over the Internet. The CRM application provides facilities to manage sales projections and orders, marketing plans, business process automation and collaboration, service and support, and data analytics. The application greatly enhances a company’s sales performance, improves team work and collaboration, and provides a robust customer relationship management strategy for an organization.
Salesforce CRM: The Definitive Admin Handbook has been updated for the Spring '13 release and gives you all the information you need to administer this powerful CRM application.
The book begins with the setup of users and security settings and then progresses to configuration, data management, and data analytics. Finally, the book covers the ways in which the core platform can be further extended and enhanced.
What you will learn from this book
* Implement mechanisms to manage login access and determine company-specific information
* Manage users within Salesforce CRM using features such as granting login access to administrators and enabling delegated user administration
* Configure data structures and user interfaces in Salesforce CRM by using various mechanisms offered by Salesforce CRM
* Control object and profile permissions to access data records by using permission sets, sharing rules, criteria-based sharing, and also manual sharing
* Configure actions for workflow rules and approval processes to automate and streamline the key business process for your organization
* Understand the functional areas within Salesforce CRM for campaigns to customers
* Learn to administer and configure complex Salesforce CRM functionality with ease « less
Learn the latest developments in Salesforce with this hands-on pocket guide
Visualforce allows you to build sophisticated, custom user interfaces that can be hosted natively on the Force.com platform. Visualforce achieves this with the help of a tag-based language which is similar to HTML. This book aims to introduce you to Visualforce development tools to develop a better perspective more » towards UI development with Visualforce, and take your expertise in UI development to the next level. "Visualforce Developer's Guide" is a hands-on guide aimed towards developing a custom UI interface. As you read through the content, you will notice that this book focuses on a single real-world example. This book builds upon this example to help you understand and use Visualforce development tools in your custom UI interfaces.
Through the course of the book, you will learn how to reuse the code with the help of custom components, and minimize the Visualforce and Apex code through Visualforce dynamic binding. The later sections of the book focus on building Visualforce pages for mobile devices. By the end of the book, you will learn the best practices and security tips for Apex and Visualforce development. « less