* Learn how you can automate your data center operations and deploy and manage applications and services across your public, private, and hybrid infrastructure in minutes
* Drive great business results with cost-effective solutions without compromising on ease, security, and controls
* more » Transform your business processes and operations in a way that delivers any application, anywhere, with complete peace of mind
VMware offers the industry-leading software-defined data center (SDDC) architecture that combines compute, storage, networking, and management offerings into a single unified platform. This book uses the most up-to-date, cutting-edge VMware products to help you deliver a complete unified hybrid cloud experience within your infrastructure.
It will help you build a unified hybrid cloud based on SDDC architecture and practices to deliver a fully virtualized infrastructure with cost-effective IT outcomes. In the process, you will use some of the most advanced VMware products such as VSphere, VCloud, and NSX.
You will learn how to use vSphere virtualization in a software-defined approach, which will help you to achieve a fully-virtualized infrastructure and to extend this infrastructure for compute, network, and storage-related data center services. You will also learn how to use EVO:RAIL. Next, you will see how to provision applications and IT services on private clouds or IaaS with seamless accessibility and mobility across the hybrid environment.
This book will ensure you develop an SDDC approach for your datacenter that fulfills your organization's needs and tremendously boosts your agility and flexibility. It will also teach you how to draft, design, and deploy toolsets and software to automate your datacenter and speed up IT delivery to meet your lines of businesses demands. At the end, you will build unified hybrid clouds that dramatically boost your IT outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand and optimize end-to-end processes in your data center
* Translate IT processes and business needs into a technical design
* Apply and create vRO workflow automation functionalities to services
* Deploy NSX in a virtual environment
* Technically accomplish DevOps offerings
* Set up and use vROPs to master the SDDC resource demands
* Troubleshoot all the components of SDDC
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Valentin Hamburger was working at VMware for more than seven years. In his former role, he was a lead consulting architect and took care of the delivery and architecture of cloud projects in central EMEA. In his current role, he is EMEA solutions lead for VMware at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS). Furthermore he works as an advisor with HDS engineering on the Hitachi Enterprise Cloud, which is based on VMware vRealize technology. He holds many industry certifications in various areas such as VMware, Linux, and IBM Power compute environments. He serves as a partner and trusted advisor to HDS customers primarily in EMEA. His main responsibilities are ensuring that HDS's future innovations align with essential customer needs and translating customer challenges to opportunities focused on virtualization topics. Valentin enjoys sharing his knowledge as a speaker at national and international conferences such as VMworld.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The Software-Defined Data Center
2. Identify Automation and Standardization Opportunities
3. VMware vSphere: The SDDC Foundation
4. SDDC Design Considerations
5. VMware vRealize Automation
6. vRealize Orchestrator
7. Service Catalog Creation
8. Network Virtualization using NSX
9. DevOps Considerations
10. Capacity Management with vRealize Operations
11. Troubleshooting and Monitoring
12. Continuous Improvement « less
Learn to leverage the power of PowerCLI to automate your VMware vSphere environment with ease
About This Book This is first book on the market that will enlighten you on the latest version of PowerCLI and how to implement it Effectively manage virtual machines, networks, and reports with the latest features of PowerCLI A comprehensive and practical book on automating VMware vSphere
Who This more » Book Is For
This book is ideal for you if you want to learn how to automate your VMware vSphere or vCloud infrastructure by getting the most out of PowerCLI. It’s assumed that you have some experience in administrating a vSphere or vCloud environment. Knowledge of Microsoft’s Windows PowerShell is not a prerequisite.
What You Will Learn
- Explore PowerShell and PowerCLI cmdlets and their output objects
- See how to manage virtual machines and work with virtual networks
- Manage vCloud Director from PowerCLI
- Use Site Recovery Manager from PowerCLI to create a disaster recovery solution
- Manage NSX and vRealize Automation using REST API with PowerCLI
- Create and configure vSphere HA and DRS clusters
- Use vSphere Update Manager with PowerCLI to create patch baselines and scan hosts
- Explore reporting techniques to retrieve log files
VMware vSphere PowerCLI, a free extension to Microsoft Windows PowerShell, enables you to automate the management of a VMware vSphere or vCloud environment. This book will show you how to automate your tasks and make your job easier. Starting with an introduction to the basics of PowerCLI, the book will teach you how to manage your vSphere and vCloud infrastructure from the command line. To help you manage a vSphere host overall, you will learn how to manage vSphere ESXi hosts, host profiles, host services, host firewall, and deploy and upgrade ESXi hosts using Image Builder and Auto Deploy. The next chapter will not only teach you how to create datastore and datastore clusters, but you’ll also work « less
* This is the first book on the market that provides an extensive disaster recovery solution using the latest vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
* Master the skills of protecting your virtual machines by replicating and recovering them in seconds
* This practical, step-by-step more » guide will help you protect all your applications with Site Recovery Manager and Replication
VMware vCenter Site Recovery manage is an orchestration tool used to automate disaster recovery in a manner that no other solution does. It is programmed to leverage array-based replication and VMware's proprietary vSphere Replication engine.
The book begins by talking about the architecture of SRM and guides you through the procedures involved in installing and configuring SRM to leverage array-based replication.
You will then learn how to protect your virtual machines by creating Protection Groups and validate their recoverability by testing recovery plans and even performing failover and failback.
Moving on, you will learn how to install and configure vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution. It also guides you through the procedures involved in configuring SRM to leverage vSphere replication.
Finally, you will learn how to deploy and configure vRealize Orchestrator and its plugin for SRM and vSphere Replication.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Familiarize yourself with disaster recovery concepts and the architecture of vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vSphere Replication.
* Deploy and Configure vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication and vSphere Replication.
* Use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution.
* Enabling protection of Virtual Machines by creating Protection Groups.
* Enable orchestration of the recovery of protected virtual machines by creating Recovery Plans.
* Migrate virtual machine workload from one site to another using Recovery Plans
* Testing and Performing a failover or failback of Virtual Machines using Recovery Plans
* Enable vRealize Orchestrator Plugins for SRM and vSphere Replication.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Abhilash G B (@abhilashgb) is a virtualization specialist, author, designer, and a VMware vExpert (2014, 2015, and 2016), who specializes in the areas of data center virtualization and cloud computing.
He has been in the IT industry for more than a decade and has been working on VMware products and technologies since the start of 2007. He currently works as a senior VMware consultant for one of largest information technology and services company in the world.
He holds several VMware certifications including VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV, and VCP-Cloud. He also holds advanced certifications such as VCAP4-DCA and VCAP5-DCA.
He is also the author of some other books published by Packt Publishing VMware vSphere 5.1 Cookbook in July 2013, Disaster Recovery using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager in May 2014, VMware vSphere 5.5 Cookbook in February 2015, and a co-author of the book Learning VMware vSphere in October 2016.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Installing and Configuring vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 6.1
2. Creating Protection Groups and Recovery Plans
3. Testing and Performing a Failover and Failback
4. Deploying vSphere Replication
5. Configuring and Using vSphere Replication 6.1
6. Using vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) to Automate SRM and vSphere Replication « less
Over 90 recipes to satisfy all your automation needs and leverage vRealize Orchestrator 7.1 for your projects
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Unleash the power of VMware vRealize Orchestrator 7 and automate your VMware infrastructure
* Customize and tune your orchestrator by programming and working with plugins
* Work through enticing recipes that can be implemented in your organization
* Explore the new and upcoming more » plugins of Puppet, Docker, Chef, and VMware Replication for VMware vRealize Orchestrator
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for system administrators who are into VMware administration and are looking to automate their infrastructure. Basic knowledge about programming is needed. No previous knowledge of Orchestrator is required.
This book will also be good for you if you have just a basic knowledge with vRealize Orchestrator, as you can pick up any recipe and implement it for your enterprise.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Install, configure, and optimize Orchestrator installations (Windows, Appliance, and vRA integrated)
* Explore all the visual programming elements without needing additional infrastructure
* Work with plugins such as SSH, mail, SQL, PowerShell, AD, SOAP, SNMP, AMQP, and REST
* Discover how to create VMware automation
* Get to know about user management, import/export, and synchronization as well as the packaging application
* Understand policies, resources, and web views
* Troubleshoot vRO Appliance
VMware vRealize Orchestrator is a powerful automation tool designed for system administrators and IT operations staff who are planning to streamline their tasks and are waiting to integrate the functions with third-party operations software. This book is an update to VMware vRealize Orchestrator Cookbook and is blend of numerous recipes on vRealize Orchestrator 7.
This book starts with installing and configuring vRealize Orchestrator. We will demonstrate how to upgrade from previous versions to vRealize Orchestrator 7. You will be taught all about orchestrator plugins and how to use and develop various plugins that have been enhanced in Orchestrator 7. Throughout this book, you will explore the new features of Orchestrator 7, such as the introduction of the control center, along with its uses.
You will also come to understand visual programming, how to integrate base plugins into workflows, and how to automate VMware. You will also get to know how to troubleshoot vRealize Orchestrator.
By the end of this book, you will be able to get the most out of your Orchestrator installation, and will be able to develop complex workflows and create your own highly integrated automations of vRealize environments.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This practical guide provides exciting and practical recipes on VMware vRealize Orchestrator 7 for those who are waiting to automate their infrastructure. « less
Analyze and optimize your IT environment by gaining a practical understanding of vROps 6.0
***** About This Book *****
* Get complete control of capacity management in your virtual environment
* Display the most appropriate performance metrics and assemble your own dashboard
* Analyze and process more » data from different sources into a single repository, allowing you to understand every layer of your environment
***** Who This Book Is For *****
If you are an administrator of a virtual environment and have used vROps before but want to gain a professional understanding by implementing complex tasks easily with it, then this book is for you.
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Discover advanced vROps concepts and design your processes effectively for the underlying architecture
* Migrate from previous versions or install new versions
* Apply proven capacity management theories and techniques in practical, real-world environments
* Manipulate data and metrics to display them in the most effective way possible
* Create custom dashboards fit for any use case
* Make better use of the powerful analytics engine by bringing in external data with third-party adapters and the REST API
* Explore how policies have evolved in vROps 6.0 and how to apply them in the most effective manner
***** In Detail *****
As x86 server virtualization becomes mainstream for even the most demanding applications, the criticality of managing the heath and efficiency of virtualized environments is more important than ever. vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 (vROps 6.0) is the key to simplify operations of your virtualized environment and move from being reactive to proactive.
Mastering vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 helps you streamline your processes and customize the environment to suit your needs. You will gain visibility across all devices in the network and retain full control. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and support images, you will quickly master the ability to manipulate your data and display it in a way that best suits you and the requirements of your colleagues. From the new and impressive vROps 6.0 platform architecture to troubleshooting and capacity planning, this book is aimed at ensuring you get the knowledge to manage your virtualized environment as effectively as possible. « less
Master the configuration, programming, and interaction of plugins with Orchestrator to efficiently automate your VMware infrastructure
Through this practical guide, you will gain an understanding of VMware vRealize Orchestrator and its role in the vSphere architecture and automation. You will learn about Orchestrator clusters as well as vRealize Automation integration. A full introduction to using the visual programming tools without more » needing any additional infrastructure is aimed at beginners with limited resources. This is followed by an extensive look at how to integrate the base plugins into your workflows, such as e-mail, AMQP, SNMP, and so on. We will also look at how to use the Orchestrator API to trigger workflows from other programs.
Through this book you will be able to get the most out of your Orchestrator installation, and develop complex workflows and create your own highly integrated automations of vCenter, vCloud, and vRealize environments. « less
A hands-on guide to mastering performance and capacity management in a virtual data center
VMware vRealize Operations is a suite of products that automates operations management using patented analytics and an integrated approach to performance, capacity, and configuration management. vRealize Operations Manager is the most important component of this suite that helps administrators to maintain more » and troubleshoot their VMware environment as well as their physical environment.
This book takes you through the fundamental differences between a Software-Defined Data Center and a classic physical data center, and how these differences impact both architecture and operations. From a strategic point of view, you will come across the most common challenges associated with performance management in a Software-Defined Data Center. Furthermore, you will learn all the key counters in vSphere and vRealize Operations, understand their dependencies, and acquaint yourself with practical solutions to configure them for a healthy virtual environment. « less