Practical Recipes for Successful Deployments
Packed with practical advice, this hands-on guide provides valuable information you need to most effectively optimize and manage the XenServer open source virtualization platform. Whether you run a modest installation of a few blades or multiple global enterprise datacenters, this book focuses on the more » most critical issues you’re likely to encounter when designing a XenServer deployment and helps you handle day-to-day management tasks.
Tim Mackey and J.K. Benedict from Citrix Systems, the company that manages XenServer, show you how to design a deployment through best practices, deployment blueprints, and installation guidelines. The book’s second part features concise, easy-to-implement recipes for day-to-day management, such as user rights, backup strategies, and hardware maintenance.
* Learn precisely what makes a XenServer work, and how it can host 1000 virtual machines
* Explore the core components of a production XenServer environment
* Investigate several options on how and where to install XenServer
* Examine several factors for "right sizing" your XenServer deployment to fit your needs
* Work with a decision tree to optimize your XenServer deployment design
* Understand how to accommodate guest VM virtualization modes
* Use recipes that help you plan for, obtain, and apply XenServer upgrades « less
Design and implement highly optimized virtualization solutions using Citrix XenServer 6.2
Citrix XenServer is a powerful, open source virtualization platform for the development and management of cloud, server, and desktop infrastructures. It is based on the Xen hypervisor, which powers the Amazon EC2 public Cloud. Citrix XenServer 6.2 provides unparalleled flexibility and scalability compared more » to other virtualization platforms.
This book is a one-stop guide to help you deploy impeccable and effective virtualization solutions with XenServer, architect robust virtualization designs, and ensure fast, efficient, and highly available virtual infrastructures. « less
A practical guide to getting started with the Citrix XenServer Virtualization technology with easy-to-follow instructions
Virtualization is the present and the future of the technological world and to keep up with the latest trends is critical for all of us. With cloud technology gaining popularity day by day it is important to get familiar with the basics and move quickly to a practical implementation. Citrix is one of more » the leading virtualization and cloud technology vendors and the number one choice of experts around the globe.
Implementing Citrix XenServer Quick Starter is a practical, hands-on guide which will walk you through a series of steps from the initial installation of Citrix XenServer to more advanced topics and enables you to readily build your own virtual environments. « less
Use Citrix management tools to publish applications and resources on client devices with this book. Deploy and optimize XenApp 6.5 on Citrix XenServer, VMware ESX, and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines and physical servers. Understand new features included in XenApp 6.5 including a brand new chapter more » on advanced XenApp deployment covering topics such as unattended install of XenApp 6.5, using dynamic data center provisioning, and more. Clear, easy-to-follow steps and screenshots to carry out each task. « less
Protecting Virtualized Environments
Securing virtual environments for VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft hypervisors
Virtualization changes the playing field when it comes to security. There are new attack vectors, new operational patterns and complexity, and changes in IT architecture and deployment life cycles. What's more, the technologies, more » best practices, and strategies used for securing physical environments do not provide sufficient protection for virtual environments. This book includes step-by-step configurations for the security controls that come with the three leading hypervisor--VMware vSphere and ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008, and Citrix XenServer.
* Includes strategy for securely implementing network policies and integrating virtual networks into the existing physical infrastructure
* Discusses vSphere and Hyper-V native virtual switches as well as the Cisco Nexus 1000v and Open vSwitch switches
* Offers effective practices for securing virtual machines without creating additional operational overhead for administrators
* Contains methods for integrating virtualization into existing workflows and creating new policies and processes for change and configuration management so that virtualization can help make these critical operations processes more effective
This must-have resource offers tips and tricks for improving disaster recovery and business continuity, security-specific scripts, and examples of how Virtual Desktop Infrastructure benefits security. « less